Forum Index > Trip Reports > Guthrie Mtn. (AZ), 05.09.19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 7:36 pm 
This is the 1st of 3 hikes I did while I was in Tucson this May taking care of ongoing family estate business. The previous trips as of late included no hiking but this time I was determined to get out as it helps de-stress from all that's involved w/this executor stuff. I opted for Guthrie Mtn. as I couldn't recall having been there before, & I'm always looking for something new. smile.gif I parked @ the Upper Green Mtn. TH along the Catalina/Mt. Lemmon Hwy., one of several fee-free parking lots. up.gif
TH
TH
TH
TH
Sign @ TH
Sign @ TH
The trail initially goes up & over a saddle through the woods, then switchbacks steeply down the other side to a trail junction where I turned right/SE. Views open up a bit though Guthrie remains out of sight for awhile. cool.gif
I passed the junction for Maverick Spring, & a short bit later was the turnoff for Guthrie Mtn. which to my delight was actually signed & easy to follow. up.gif
The trail follows the spine of the ridge, has a short airy section, then resumes in light forest cover to the summit where views abound. smile.gif
Summit register
Summit register
BC on Guthrie
BC on Guthrie
After a brief rest & snack, I headed back out. When I hit the main trail, I came across one mtn. biker who sounded a bit annoyed when he told me "Just when I think I'm alone out here I see someone else!" Likewise. wink.gif moon.gif
Stats
Stats

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message