Forum Index > Trip Reports > Milk Creek | Suiattle River | reconnaissance
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
scott&lucy

scott&lucy
PostSat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 pm 
Short report mainly in case any one wants to go up Milk Creek. Planned to do just that today but my Californian buddy freaked at the river crossing, The logs are obvious just downstream from the picnic table near the river but I agree they're very uncomfortable. I'd take the big cedar and perhaps shimmy across on my butt, though adventurous me would probably just walk. The log/plank up to it exists as in previous reports. A human can get up pretty easy. Dog (& Dexter was with me) would be harder. The other log crossing was too narrow & steep for me. Would have been sitting for sure. The 11:30 am Suiattle flow was probably slow enough that I'd have waded across with poles. Suiattle River Road condition isn't great: its passable by almost anything but huge holes come out of nowhere meaning slow speeds are needed. Did a quick 4 miles up & back just to get some exercise--and the Californian liked the green smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 pm 
How does one do a quick couple miles of Milk Creek? Has it been logged out?

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm 
Log crossing can be intimidating. If I'm going g to cross on my feet a favorite trick of mine is to carry a handful of sand and sprinkle it ahead of me. Gives a little extra traction. That and a ski pole.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost