Forum Index > Gear Talk > feathered friends sale?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 6:39 pm 
iron wrote:
interesting comment on the quality of the down. anyone else care to comment on that?
First off, what do they even mean by difference in quality of the down? It has already been certified as being a certain fill. FF uses 950+ fill and WM uses 850+ fill. FF is also made in the USA. I have used both WM and FF products, and currently have a FF Flicker 20* UL exactly like the one you are looking at in Tangerine color. I love it. For three season it is perfect if I expected really cold conditions, like at zero degrees, I would get something with a colder rating. I don't like WM bags because they are a bit tight in the shoulders for me. YMMV Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Eric Hansen

Eric Hansen
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 pm 
Rumi, Did you put up a report on your Grand Canyon trip? Don't let me create work for you, but yes hoping to see one. Hope you are reasonably well.

Off trail rambler
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSun Sep 15, 2019 5:53 pm 
Eric Hansen wrote:
Rumi, Did you put up a report on your Grand Canyon trip? Don't let me create work for you, but yes hoping to see one. Hope you are reasonably well.
OK, I will. I guess I can use Google to host my photos. I will whip one up and let you know when I post. And thanks for asking, I am doing well. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Sep 27, 2019 8:10 pm 
Any experience or thoughts on Endurance UL vs Y Fuse? UL saves 2 oz, uses 950 instead of 900 fill but the same amount so should be slightly warmer, costs $60 more, and comes in nicer colors.