Previous :: Next Topic  
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist

Sultan of Sweat
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
This is so cool.  Great job everyone!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
wolffie

wolffie

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 am 
"Mommy, Daddy, tell us again the story about your honeymoon..."  (:
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
car68
Out on the skids

car68

Out on the skids
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm 
I love a happy ending.  Glad we weren't needed again.  I was on the crew that picked them out.

Lesson is here is if you need help don't delay calling.  There is no charge in Washington State for rescue.  It takes a while to get a crew together and fly out.  A later response would have meant darkness.  They would have had to wait til the next morning.

--------------
I'm the guy 911 calls.
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm 
Very cool car68 - and good point about calling sooner rather than later, I wouldn't have thought about that.  Just curious, any video footage from the mission?
car68
Out on the skids

car68

Out on the skids
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 3:04 pm 
There is video, but the video guru is out for a few days.  I'll post a link when it's up.  And yes it was seriously steep there and a bit of a challenging hoist.

--------------
I'm the guy 911 calls.
aussie1990
Aussie explorer

aussie1990

Aussie explorer
PostWed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 pm 
car68 wrote:
There is video, but the video guru is out for a few days.  I'll post a link when it's up.  And yes it was seriously steep there and a bit of a challenging hoist.

Car 68 , I donít know what team member you were but I canít thank you guys enough ! It would be amazing to see the video footage ! I think it would be a good momento for the honeymoon .

--------------
Itís just over the next ridge !
car68
Out on the skids

car68

Out on the skids
PostThu Aug 29, 2019 11:33 am 
I was operating the hoist.  PM me your contact info.

--------------
I'm the guy 911 calls.
joker
seeker

joker

seeker
PostThu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 pm 
Good job on safely recovering the packs! And I hope you guys get right back on that  horse and have a fun safe next trip!!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MesiJezi

MesiJezi

PostTue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 am 
Aussie,

Did you you happen to lose a water filtration device from one of your packs? A friend of a friend was up there this weekend and recovered one above Venus as they were traversing from Circle. Let me know--if it's yours I can put you in contact with them directly.

Joe
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MesiJezi

MesiJezi

PostTue Sep 03, 2019 12:45 pm 
Filter is not aussie's--if anyone else lost one up there, please send me a pm to describe! Thanks!
Doppelganger
Gorecrow

Doppelganger

Gorecrow
PostWed Sep 04, 2019 7:26 am 
aussie1990 wrote:
car68 wrote:

Car 68 , I donít know what team member you were but I canít thank you guys enough ! It would be amazing to see the video footage ! I think it would be a good momento for the honeymoon .

aussie1990's Bride, probably after reading this post might have wrote:
There's a *#$^ing video too? Try getting me on a hike again aussie1990 and see what happens!
aussie1990
Aussie explorer

aussie1990

Aussie explorer
PostWed Sep 04, 2019 9:52 am 
Hahah she canít wait for the video . Thatíll be her next anniversary present  dizzy.gif

--------------
Itís just over the next ridge !
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Lost everything on honeymoon
  Happy Birthday Matt!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: