Forum Index > Food & Grub > Best dehydrated trail meals
Previous :: Next Topic  
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
It's probably the MSG in Cheez-its that transforms it.  I know that whenever I eat something with MSG (or synthetic MSG) I can't stop eating.  Give me a bag of Snyder's of Hanover Hot Buffalo Pretzel Pieces and I'll devour it.  Fortunately I'm not sensitive otherwise.  My wife gets really bad migraines from MSG.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor

Dirt hippie
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 4:22 pm 
Tom wrote:
It's probably the MSG in Cheez-its that transforms it.

Either that or it's my good ol' raccoon gut sensibilities, lol.

The worst thing I ever choked down was a dry packet of Hammer Perpetuem in the mouth first as I thought I'd just wash it down with water second. What actually happened was I inhaled some and then had to try to not cough it all out or breathe more in, then I managed to get the water in there and it turned into a sticky doughy powdery mass by turns that was extremely hard to swallow.

As I was working on it a ride partner was looking at me with growing alarm and finally asked "what are you eating?" I held up a finger while I worked the awful concoction around in my mouth and down my throat for another 20 seconds or so as his and another ride partner's eyes steadily widened, and I finally got enough down my gullet that I could deadpan out the side of my mouth: "A$$".

The reaction from all present at that moment was 100% worth the horror of getting there, lol.

--------------
~Mom jeans on wheels
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Downhill

Downhill

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 12:45 pm 
My go-to dried meal is a homemade concoction.  I take a packet of Top Ramen (or 2) and throw away the spices that come with.  I pre-mix a bag of spices and dried cheese at home, e.g. garlic powder, dried onion flakes, dried lemon peel, salt, pepper, Italian spices, or Mexican-style (cumin, chili powder, cilantro..) and dried cheese like grated parmesan, asiago, etc.  A quick water boil, pour everything together with your favorite protein (tuna in a bag, smoked salmon, salami, dehydrated beans, or optimally Freshly-caught Trout!) - steep for a bit and you're good to go.  Tasty, ulta-light and dirt cheap.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Food & Grub > Best dehydrated trail meals
  Happy Birthday LeafEater!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: