Forum Index > Trail Talk > Have you ever camped on the shoulder of a logging road?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brucester

Brucester
PostFri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 pm 
From your office chair or home it might seem like no biggie. When I passed by, it did. I was thinking don't let the miles make you complacent.... One thruhiker to another. The road has been graded so it's drifty... Then there's the hellacious dust factor. And possibly not getting a sound sleep that's essential for big miles. And it's not like sleeping in a vehicle, tents don't have frames and bumpers... From Mexico to Canada we never slept on the shoulder of any road on either the PCT or the CDT. Is it worth the risk is all I'm saying?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostFri Sep 06, 2019 10:57 pm 
Drawings are a good thing. We could use a bit more creative endeavor here so thank you. I personally would’t feel comfortable tenting right on the edge of a drivable road, but when you’re tired logic isn’t the most important thing.... Yea, so more drawings, more color and indeed some stick figures would be fun.... Am wondering how did you get a drawing posted....,

When I grow up I wanna play.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message