Forum Index > Trip Reports > Glacier Peak
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike

TheWaterboy
Hike-2-Hike
PostThu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 pm 
8-17 to 8-18 I had attempted to due this climb the prior weekend and gave myself four days. However, the trail up the north Fork Sauk was closed near White Pass for Blasting. So I ended up doing the entire summit on a two day weekend. The Trail up to Glacier gap was snow free and was only made difficult the first day due to a heavy amount of fog. Be sure to bring GPS or a compass for the last section up to glacier gap in case you find the same heavy fog.
The Glacier was in pretty good shape for it being August. There were a few large ones but all were easily passable with Snow bridges and some light traversing. I managed to leave Camp at midnight and was able to spend quite awhile on the summit alone watching the sunset.
Having to hike all the way back out in one day was extremely exhausting. I would plan at least 3 days if you want a good comfortable experience All in all it was an incredible experience. I finally climbed all of Washington's volcanoes! You can see the full climb here Glacier Peak

[Mountains] are the cathedrals where I practice my religion - Anatoli Boukreev Hike2Hike.com, because we all just live from Hike to Hike.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostFri Sep 06, 2019 8:20 am 
up.gif

DadFly

DadFly
PostFri Sep 06, 2019 12:27 pm 
Sweet sunrise pics!!! Thanks for posting.

"May you live in interesting times"