Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > ATVs to be allowed on rural county roads in Snohomish County
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 am 
This seems to be a statewide trend Article in the Herald ATVs to be allowed on many rural county roads under 35 mph
Quote:
The change opens many roads in rural parts of unincorporated Snohomish County with a speed limit of 35 mph or less. They include most roads east of Highway 9, and some unincorporated roads north of Marysville.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 3:40 am 
Now if only there was a 35 mph hour road from gold bar to monroe. It would be faster driving my garden tractor then taking highway 2 on a weekend. Been thinking of getting a cushman or gator for doing errands.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 7:47 am 
They're been allowed (35mph) over here for years.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 am 
Legal or not , in rural parts of Eastern King county I see them zipping around.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am 
The people who really benefit are drug dealers - they've been using ATVs illegally for years on county roads to deliver drugs in rural areas.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm 
Well, last time I checked I wasn't a drug dealer. Don't even do them now that they're legal. So, is my ATV going to taken away now because SOME people use them illegally? eek.gif hockeygrin.gif down.gif confused.gif doh.gif hmmm.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 14, 2019 5:51 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
The people who really benefit are drug dealers - they've been using ATVs illegally for years on county roads to deliver drugs in rural areas.
Yeah -- it's always a good idea while transporting illegal substances to drive an illegal vehicle -- that way the police will pay you no mind. dizzy.gif Never ever use a light blue Toyota Camry with a "Grammy-Mobile" bumper sticker and a blue haired lady at the wheel going 5 under -- that would draw too much attention from law enforcement.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Sep 14, 2019 11:14 pm 
All over Lewis County ATV’s Allowed signs have gone up. Budget? Clearly statewide effort that’s stayed low profile. Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
Why would drug dealers use ATVs when there are drones?

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Well, last time I checked I wasn't a drug dealer. Don't even do them now that they're legal. So, is my ATV going to taken away now because SOME people use them illegally? eek.gif hockeygrin.gif down.gif confused.gif doh.gif hmmm.gif
Prepunishment of the innocent because someone else committed a crime, is very popular in some circles.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
neek

neek
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 10:38 am 
Well, last time I checked, I wasn't an ATV rider. Don't even ride them now that they're legal. Does that mean my drugs are going to be taken away? bugeyes.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Sep 16, 2019 5:23 pm 
neek wrote:
Well, last time I checked, I wasn't an ATV rider. Don't even ride them now that they're legal. Does that mean my drugs are going to be taken away? bugeyes.gif
Drugs aren't legal, so yes. ATV's are, so I hope not. moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 am 
I'm your pusher!! "The Original Pilot’s House Coffee shop in Monroe adopted the idea of using ATVs to make deliveries because the store’s location doesn’t allow room for a drive-thru. Business owner Heather Rousey said they started using the ATV once the City of Monroe approved the ordinance in the summer of 2018. She said the ATV deliveries help them reach more customers." Funny, I heard the same excuse for new trails around goldbar. Drug dealers will use them to make sales off in the woods... whatever gets more people in the forest enjoying nature.. wink.gif I'm hoping this will lead to a trend of people driving way smaller cars and mini trucks. Roads designated for vehicles 5' wide max.