Forum Index > Trail Talk > Short Backpack Destinations with a Toddler around I-90
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Geography Nerd
Beer Tester

Geography Nerd
Beer Tester
PostMon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 pm 
I tried some searches this afternoon but didn't have much luck. We're looking for a location to take our 12 month old Friday/Saturday since the weather looks decent. Thinking 3-4 miles in, preferably not as busy as Pete Lake. We're in North Bend so 90 corridor is ideal. We did an overnight at Mirror Lake a few weeks ago which was surprisingly great.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostTue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 am 
Geography Nerd wrote:
We're looking for a location to take our 12 month old Friday/Saturday since the weather looks decent.
Really? I'm seeing 50-60% chance of rain with a high of 50 with lows near freezing for the Snoqualmie Pass area. Cold. Wet. Might I suggest something like Second Beach on the Olympic Peninsula? Or any of the beaches out that way really. Weather looks way better, and about 10-15 degrees warmer and not much chance of rain. It's always crowded, but... just thinking of the 12 month old with this cold front coming...

Geography Nerd
Beer Tester

Geography Nerd
Beer Tester
PostTue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 am 
Dang, forecast has changed significantly since Saturday. I'm not worried about cold but the rain won't be fun. I guess we'll go with Plan B. If anyone has any suggestions for next time I'm all ears!

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm 
If the weather improves: Twin Lakes off road 9070 -- just 3/4 mile into the lake of flat easy trail -- a couple of sites. Mirror Lake off road 5480 -- about 1.5 miles to the lake, 800ft gain. Many sites on both the north and south shores of the lake. Margaret Lake off road 4934 and Lake Lillian trail #1332, 2.5 miles, 1600 ft gain. Several sites on south shore. 400 gain on way back out.