Forum Index > Trip Reports > Tahoe's Rubicon Peak: The Effort of the Tiger Mountain's Nook Trail, but with Stunning Views
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ahughjass

ahughjass
PostThu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm 
I recently drove down to the Lake Tahoe where it was warm and dry to do some fun scrambles. On September 23, 2019 I started this effort with Tahoe's Rubicon Peak. The peak is 9183 feet high and the views from the summit are stunning. With the immense Lake Tahoe on one side of the ridge and the beauty of the Desolation Wilderness on the other side. The climb up is only 1.75 miles and about 2300 feet of gain. The route to the summit is a super simple 3rd class scramble. Once on the top there is a somewhat exposed ridge to cross, but it is wide enough to provide an easy 100 foot stroll to the actual summit. When I lived in Seattle I really appreciated having my "outdoor gym" nearby with a lot of great close "I-90" hikes. Getting to the summit of Rubicon Peak took about the same physical effort as Tiger Mountain's Nook Trail. The two exceptions are: 1) the views from Rubicon are a bit more "awesome", and 2) a fun and super-easy 3rd class scramble on the summit block. Click here for more photos and a fun short video.

I go to the gym religiously.... Christmas and Easter I love sports-bars. Because they collect all the people I don't want to hang out with and put them in one room.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message