Forum Index > Trip Reports > Surprise Lake Goat Rocks 10/2-10/3
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostFri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 am 
Just made a quick trip to Surprise Lake and did some exploring beyond. I was going to head up to Warm Lake the next morning but that ridge appeared to be white out all morning and not being familiar with the area and solo I decided to save it for another time. But for anyone interested there is intermittent snow up to surprise lake and beyond it, but nothing challenging or requiring me to use micro spikes or crampons on this trip. Fall colors are starting to come in and mushrooms are abundant. I was treated with hail and snow most of the night with a little elk bugling in the mix. During the daylight hours the weather was great and made for a good trip. The trail is muddy in some places and horse business is very bad (large piles every hundred yards in trail probably). I also had the fun of packing out a chair and household style air mattress left behind. Enough of the rant enjoy some pictures.
Had to strap these to the outside of my bag and it rode terrible, a little sore from the long walk with these messing up bags balance.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message