Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing dog Mt Washington trail
Previous :: Next Topic  
Hansome

Hansome

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
In case you haven't already seen this posted elsewhere, Snow went missing on Sunday on Mt Washington trail, spooked by a mountain biker where it crosses with Ollalie trail.  Please look for Snow (white dog, sort of Husky looking but skinnier/not as much fur) if you happen to be in the area. Thanks.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
joker
seeker

joker

seeker
PostWed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 am 
If it's your dog, or if you know the owner, you or they may want to contact "Missing Pet Partnership," who  often steps in to help recover lost dogs, including but not limited to giving  tips as well as getting scent dogs out to help.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gil

Gil

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 11:36 am 
How long a leash does the dog have on?

--------------
Friends help the miles go easier.
Klahini
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hansome

Hansome

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm 
Thanks for the tip!  Wil share.
Hansome

Hansome

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 12:30 pm 
Re: leash, not sure.
Hikerdood

Hikerdood

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm 
Why was he off leash?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hansome

Hansome

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 pm 
I don't know that they are off leash, so if you see either white dog without or with a leash dragging along, please post a comment.
Newman

Newman

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 pm 
Gil wrote:
Gil wrote:
How long a leash does the dog have on?

Hikerdood wrote:
Why was he off leash?

Geez people. Give the OP a break. You’re not the cops. Nothing backhanded or insensitive you say behind a keyboard is going to change the fact this person lost their dog. Just shut your mouth, and keep your opinions to yourself. Or....come to kindergarten with my kid. He’s learning that if you don’t have anything nice to say, you should shut the f*ck up.

OP, good luck finding your dog.
fourteen410

fourteen410

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 4:26 pm 
What Newman said.

Pretty pathetic to kick people when they are down. Speaks volumes about one's character.

I hope the dog is found.
JimmyBob

JimmyBob

PostWed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 pm 
Newman wrote:
Geez people. Give the OP a break. You’re not the cops

I see too many dogs off leash on the busy trails. It isn't safe for them.

People need to know this.
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk

Off Leash Man
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 8:20 am 
Is the OP even the owner, or perhaps the OP is posting this as a favor to the owners? confused.gif
What surprises me is the none of the first few replies were about how bad mountain bikers are...

Doggone it anyhow...either way, good luck Snow and Snow's humans!

--------------
Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man

PostThu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am 
JimmyBob wrote:
Newman wrote:
Geez people. Give the OP a break. You’re not the cops

I see too many dogs off leash on the busy trails. It isn't safe for them.

People need to know this.

Agreed. People saying not to talk about off leash dogs when a pooch goes missing are like the NRA saying we can’t talk about gun safety after a shooting. When else should we talk about it? It breaks my heart every time I see a “missing dog” post in hiking forums and pages and it makes me angry at the owner who put their animal at risk by letting it off leash.
Slugman
Slower than ever

Slugman

Slower than ever
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 9:52 am 
No, you can talk about off leash dogs all you want. You could even start your own thread and cry like a baby a hundred  times per day. What we are finding annoying is polluting a thread with mean spirited and snarky garbage. Someone asks for help and they get a stab in the back, based on conjecture.

--------------
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but nature more..."  Childe Harold
catsp

catsp

PostThu Oct 17, 2019 10:08 am 
"...the leash I had was too short and we were struggling to get up steep parts of the tail without him pulling/slipping back/pulling me. For both of our safety I let him off for one minute, not realizing the mountain bike trail was right there. I've done it before and he always just scrambles up and waits for me. Never in a million years would I have let him off if I'd realized the other t[r]ail was there."
fourteen410

fourteen410

PostThu Oct 17, 2019 1:14 pm 
Slugman wrote:
No, you can talk about off leash dogs all you want. You could even start your own thread and cry like a baby a hundred  times per day. What we are finding annoying is polluting a thread with mean spirited and snarky garbage. Someone asks for help and they get a stab in the back, based on conjecture.

^ This.

We've debated this topic ad nauseam in countless other threads. Take your complaints there instead of being an arse who uses someone's request for help as an opportunity to point fingers from a soapbox.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing dog Mt Washington trail
  Happy Birthday JVT!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: