Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing dog Mt Washington trail
Previous :: Next Topic  
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork

Food truck
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 9:11 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I wonder if the dog might have followed the mountain bike trail toward Rattle snake lake, and if any signs were put up In that area.  ?    Lot of houses in that area.

I would think a dog would try to follow human scent (and at some point somebody....?

--------------
When I grow up I wanna play.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>

Ski

><((((°>
PostThu Oct 17, 2019 9:23 pm 
wow.... eleven days and this dog hasn't been found yet?  frown.gif

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tamara

Tamara

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 10:17 am 
Posting for the owner because she is searching again and beyond a cell signal. She has searched for him numerous times and put posters at ranger stations and trailheads. I have not been able to figure out how to upload a photo yet but it is a medium sized white dog with pointed ears wearing a silver harness.

“I just verified with the person that saw a white dog on the Upward Mobility mountain bike trail (Rattlesnake Mountain/Raging River) on Saturday the 12th that the dog looked exactly like Snow, based on this photo of him next to me. Really hoping it was him, and someone else will have a sighting so I can get back out to search! Please share this page with anyone who may be hiking/biking in the area this week/end. Thank you! Call 425-628-3848 with ANY information.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kascadia

Kascadia

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am 
Tamara wrote:
I have not been able to figure out how to upload a photo yet but it is a medium sized white dog with pointed ears wearing a silver harness.

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report.2019-10-13.5985260414
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 11:03 am 
Wonder if there's any way she could spend the night where the dog was last seen?  Dogs sometimes will return to you if you wait and are quiet.  If it can get a scent, it should wander over to her.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Tamara

Tamara

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 11:33 am 
Sounds like she is planning on camping in the area where he was seen and also setting up his crate.  She is trying everything and working really hard to find him. Hopefully he will pop out of the bush and someone will see him.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 19, 2019 5:37 pm 
I am a believer in the ability of some dogs to have either exceptional hearing and smelling, or else some kind of almost psychic sense when it comes to finding their friends/people.  Best of luck to them.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
RodF

RodF

PostTue Oct 22, 2019 7:35 pm 
Tamara wrote:
I have not been able to figure out how to upload a photo yet but it is a medium sized white dog with pointed ears wearing a silver harness.

Tamara wrote:
“I just verified with the person that saw a white dog on the Upward Mobility mountain bike trail (Rattlesnake Mountain/Raging River) on Saturday the 12th that the dog looked exactly like Snow, based on this photo of him next to me. Really hoping it was him, and someone else will have a sighting so I can get back out to search! Please share this page with anyone who may be hiking/biking in the area this week/end. Thank you! Call 425-628-3848 with ANY information.

--------------
"of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"the wild is not the opposite of cultivated.  It is the opposite of the captivated” - Vandana Shiva
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
camut

camut

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 4:48 pm 
Snow has been found and is now home safe!!
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork

Food truck
PostSun Nov 03, 2019 4:54 pm 
That is amazing - and wonderful!

--------------
When I grow up I wanna play.
GeoTom
Custom Title

GeoTom

Custom Title
PostSun Nov 03, 2019 5:04 pm 
Great news! Welcome home Snow.

--------------
Signature
Bosterson

Bosterson

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 8:58 pm 
Great news! up.gif  up.gif

--------------
We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
Hansome

Hansome

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 9:21 pm 
Great news!!! SO happy to hear!
fourteen410

fourteen410

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 10:56 pm 
Oh this is such wonderful news!!  wub.gif
SteeperColder
paralysis x analysis

SteeperColder

paralysis x analysis
PostMon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 am 
awesome - please don't forget to collect the "missing posters" ... we saw some as far as Tiger 3 trailhead.

--------------
"You can build and build and build, but damn it if your feet don't hurt walking on concrete all day" - Nolan Rad
"You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains" - Hunter S. Thompson
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Missing dog Mt Washington trail
  Happy Birthday roos2er!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: