Forum Index > Trail Talk > Seattle Mountain Rescue Needs Your Help
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostThu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 pm 
Rescue Truck Replacement: WE NEED YOUR HELP! Tonight begins the campaign for the new SMR rescue truck! Over the next couple of weeks we will be posting campaign updates and stories of the importance of this tool and the work we do. Enjoy the history! Truck 1 (1953) aka 'Memorial Truck' a Dodge Ambulance was made possible by the parents of Keith Jacobson who was killed in an avalanche at Source Lake. Truck 2 (1961) a new truck with the support of the Seattle PI and Bob Byhre's Camel cigarette ads. It was sold to the Skykomish Fire Department after 17 years of service. Truck 3 ( 1977) A GMC crew cab was made possible through several donations from Washington State corporations and was dedicated to the memory of Al Givler. It was donated to Olympic Mountain Rescue in 1978 Truck 4 (1996) AKA BIG Blue or SMR 1 is A Ford F350 Still in Service today. Truck 5 (2002) AKA SMR 2 Ford Expedition is currently our most used rescue truck. We keep SMR 1 and SMR 2 fully equipped to meet the growing demand of missions. Truck 6:(Coming soon in 2020) Funded by you, the climbing and hiking community! For over 75 years Seattle Mountain Rescue has been serving our community and once again we need your help replacing our rescue truck so we can continue to get our volunteers the equipment they need to save lives. Find out more and consider donating here: https://www.seattlemountainrescue.org/donate/ NOTE: I just saw this on my FB feed so I thought some of you might be interested. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 am 
Just donated. Thanks for the heads up Rumi.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message