Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:03 pm 
Kim wrote:
And Ski, if you're reading this - they did not redact home addresses on comments that included them (I think I discussed this in one of the grizzly reintro threads).
I am assuming you are talking about comments submitted where the person included contact information within the message body, correct? Unless I included my contact info within the message body, I've never seen any of my comments include that contact info.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:04 pm 
So maybe this is a stupid question, but exactly what happens if you just say "FU" and don't pay the goddam fee or apply for the permit? Just curious. Gandhi called it "passive resistance". Will they impound my vehicle? Throw me in jail? Put me on bread and water in the brig for 30 days? Or just write me a citation that I can use to wipe my ass and then dispose of?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:13 pm 
We should conduct an experiment and do that. Then we’d know. (you do the thing, I’ll record the results) tongue.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
trestle

trestle
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:28 pm 
But will you burn the citation after wiping your ass with it? or pack it out? wink.gif lol.gif

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 3:28 pm 
water wrote:
So Kim did you
Why are you obsessed with me?

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm 
bury it, of course. yeah... I'll let you know, Kim... no problem. hasn't been a problem thus far, and my position on "fee" hasn't changed one iota since they instituted the "fee" programs. (apologies for ending the sentence above with a preposition - something up with which you should not put.)

water

water
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm 
Obsessed with you? No, ever gawked at something disturbing? That's what you've posted, due to your trollish responses unrelated to the topic of fees. Conservation backfiring... Haha But we established you support fees because they're expedient and you believe they address whatever need the FS claims they serve. And lack any vision to see or pursue alternatives to this, or realize the drivers behind pay to play on public lands and the direction that guides the future of recreation. You've never answered what your elected folks say about this, are you just here to troll? My reps haven't responded yet.

feel free to feel free
Brian R

Brian R
PostThu Oct 31, 2019 5:01 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
NWFP isn't generating a lot of money it's because it's not required in a lot of places. But according to the USFS site on fees and expenditure of those fees, they are being used appropriately.
A couple years old, but a good Oregon Live piece here. "Officially, money spent in a national forest stays in that national forest, used for things like trail maintenance, rehabilitation projects and general operations. Technically, however, it's a little more complicated than that." I don't want to bash on USFS too badly--kudos when they came through in a BIG way standing up to Pilchuck Audubon and NCCC to finally repair Suiattle Road. Not sure if NWFP dollars were used on this--I think it was a federal highway grant. So, rather than impose a day-use fee with quotas, why not just raise the NWFP to, say, $35? I'm ok with paying for trail repair and traditional road access. What I'm not ok with is paying for the sake of maintaining some sort of USFS jobs program--where every fee dollar goes toward enforcement of said fee. Or into the pockets of some bogus vendor/org like the "Mount Saint Helen's Institute."

pula58

pula58
PostFri Nov 01, 2019 8:42 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
Quote Options Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:22 pm RandyHiker wrote: I skimmed through the text of the bill. From what I'm reading this bill changes the rules for "special permit fees" that are required of commercial guiding and activities like organizing a race. I didn't see a section that would affect individual recreation on federal land. What section of the bill affects individuals????
If it does not affect non-commercial and non-guided activities then I'd have no problem with this.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Nov 01, 2019 8:54 am 
Brian R wrote:
repair Suiattle Road. Not sure if NWFP dollars were used on this--I think it was a federal highway grant.
Yes ERFO from Fed Hwys money (Emergency Repair for Federally Owned Roads), plus Salmon Recovery Fund, and maybe some other stuff. And yah, as with any agency, they deserve a bashing here and there, as well as a thumbs up. It would be cool to get some funds earmarked for education; perhaps that will eliminate the need for permits; over-crowding and bad recreation practices started all this in the first place. (Not the NWFP, I mean permitting and quotas, which is the greater issue for me - lots to worry about, including cumulative impact - folks will bloop into and inundate un-permitted land). And to work with partner organizations and industry to educate on responsible promotion.