Forum Index > Trip Reports > Blewett explorations: 10/27/19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostSun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 pm 
Took an afternoon trip up to Blewett Pass to spend some time in the company of larches. Checked out the Swauk Forest Discovery Trail. Nice little trail, although more downed trees than I expected. Had only been here in the winter, so it was nice to see it in gold.
Explored a number of forest service roads afterward, including the always beautiful 9712.
Checked out the old Blewett stamp mill site. Still some active mining claims in the area - plenty of signage threatening trespassers.
Found this creepy grave alongside a forest service road. I later found a snapshot of an article that provides a little bit of history.
Capture
Capture
Drove over Old Blewett Pass, then out and up FS 7324 (Wenatchee Crest snowshoe in the winter). Would love to check out the sandstone pillars north of that road sometime.
Chased an incredible sunset on the drive home. Sure is beautiful this time of year.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostMon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 am 
Not sure about that sign, been a lot of issues with that crazy SOB that has the claims. NWUE folks did lot's of work on sites for a few years for him, then he flipped out, went crazy. And has pulled guns on folks. I guess it's best to stay alive agree.gif

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Oct 28, 2019 7:12 pm 
No kidding. He has additional threats on the gate about damaging car tires, too. According to my maps, the road (which is marked as a trail on USGS and the 2016 USFS maps) is on public property. There are small pockets of private property in the area, but the road/trail doesn't touch them until 4100'. I believe he's blocking access to public land, but it's not something I'm willing to confront a whackadoodle in the woods over.