Did Fifth of July Mountain via Basalt Ridge on Halloween. A few notes if you plan on heading there this weekend:
- road is in good shape but bring a saw in case more trees fall
- snow begins at 5000 ft or so
- snowshoes would have helped
- you really do have to drop 1000 ft to get around Rampart. don't try to outsmart the trail
- larches are past prime but needles are still attached
- 5th of July S ridge is a walk-up
As a result of much tedious postholing I got back way after dark, but at least got to watch the sunset from up high.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases when you use our link(s).