Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am 
CC wrote:
Ark Fleet Ship B
If you wonder at all whether you are Ship B material -- you aren't Ship B material.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Vertec

Vertec
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 7:11 pm 
This thread has gone in a very strange direction. As I said earlier, these types of issues seem to be increasing in frequency, and we can’t ignore how it affects hiking. I was originally puzzled why this thread hasn’t been shut down because the subject is about personal safety. There is a dedicated thread about that elsewhere. But now I understand. The personal safety thread is the only forum where a certain solution can be discussed. Yet contrary to site policy, this and similar threads are allowed to continue. All end up in the weeds. So keep up the good work! Darwin would be proud

Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 8:04 pm 
You cant shoot someone for making you feel funny, either. I am pretty sure there hasnt been an increase in violent crimes near trailheads and/or on hiking trails. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 pm 
Vertec wrote:
This thread has gone in a very strange direction. As I said earlier, these types of issues seem to be increasing in frequency, and we can’t ignore how it affects hiking. I was originally puzzled why this thread hasn’t been shut down because the subject is about personal safety. There is a dedicated thread about that elsewhere. But now I understand. The personal safety thread is the only forum where a certain solution can be discussed. Yet contrary to site policy, this and similar threads are allowed to continue. All end up in the weeds. So keep up the good work! Darwin would be proud
Read the wiki in the guns, hunting, and personal safety thread. It explains the rationale. It's a place to talk guns if you want, free of spray from those who don't, who can ignore it if they want. This topic has gone in the direction it has not because we ask people to discuss guns in another thread but because thread vultures with no value to add have descended on this thread. Allowing people to debate guns would only make it that much more worthless.

Frango

Frango
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 9:31 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
CC wrote:
Ark Fleet Ship B
If you wonder at all whether you are Ship B material -- you aren't Ship B material.
*frantically digging my towel out...*

Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe
PostMon Nov 25, 2019 9:10 pm 
I saw not 1, but 2 sketchy, but generic midsized white pick up trucks plus sketchy passengers on the Northfork yesterday. I did not call the police.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm 
Better yet found the time to cast a vote in the calendar contest. Only 12 more categories to go.

Damian

Damian
PostWed Nov 27, 2019 6:42 pm 
Pahoehoe wrote:
I saw not 1, but 2 sketchy, but generic midsized white pick up trucks plus sketchy passengers on the Northfork yesterday.
Thanks. That was me and my friends. We all have salt and pepper beards. Tom you've been watching too many Geico commercials.

Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe
PostThu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am 
You didnt even clarify what northfork...?