Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail - Fund Raiser
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm 
The raison d’etre for this short nature trail is to see spawning chum. Expect 20k this year in the short stretch between the saltchuck and the blocking falls a little ways above the trail. See below for chowder and cocoa event. It’s donate what you want type thing. I haven’t seen this year’s budget. In the past biggest use of funds is paying for school buses for Kids’ field trips. Best. Oh. This trail is seasonal. It’s only open during salmon season. Road is open thanks to Green Diamond, property trail is on is thanks to the Taylor’s, as in bivalves. https://www.facebook.com/events/477535075960085/?ti=icl

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostFri Nov 10, 2017 5:59 pm 
Would not say it's "seasonal" as folks are out there all the time year round. Of course the only time you'll see the spawning salmon is when they come up the creek. With the work I and others did to the trail recently I hope the thugs stay away.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Nov 17, 2017 6:59 pm 
Yay. Decent weather forecast, so creek should be fairly clear. If you go bring your polarized sunglasses. You’ll see past suface glare much better. They do have loaners but I always prefer my own. Best.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostFri Nov 22, 2019 6:25 pm 
Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail is open, weekends, daylight only. Dry spell means the water is clear, with lots of chum salmon this weekend. Great place to see naturally spawning wild salmon. Tiny side creek is too low for salmon. Again, no dogs. If you have a special need for a dog, I’d recommend not going. Salmon will be seen out of water. You don’t want your dog to take a bite and possibly die if salmon poisoning. https://spsseg.org/education-outreach/kcst/visitor-info/