Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snoqualmie Mt. & Lundin Attempt 2019-10-27
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mountainflamingo

mountainflamingo
PostMon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 pm 
Its been a little while now, but I figured I would post this report because it looks like we could be in store for similar conditions this weekend (or even less snow). We parked at Commonwealth Basin trailhead and walked up road to Alpental and up the Snoqualmie Mt. trail. Snow started around 5000' and there were recent tracks to make the going easier. Amazing views for a quick snack break then we descended a bit until we could traverse east and north to Lundin's west ridge. Some miserable unpredictable post holing ensued...nothing snowshoes would have helped with though. There was more snow on east faces. Once on the west ridge we roped up for simulclimbing along the narrow ridge with slippery snowy rocks. We did a mini pitch up and then started a second pitch that would be the crux of the route. My partner started to lead out onto the north face and immediately said it wouldn't happen. Iced over cracks meant no protection with what we had and everything was slippery. We rappelled and descended to the Commonwealth Basin trail. A fun outing on a nice fall day. Full Trip report

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm 
Those are fantastic photos of the west approach to Lundin -- I've never seen it so well from that side and makes me glad we didn't try to descend that way when climbing it from Red Pass. I really liked seeing your photos and TR, thanks.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message