Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > WDFW invites public comments on 18 land conservation projects 12/12/19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Dec 12, 2019 2:45 pm 
Thursday December 12, 2019 08:53 PST WDFW NEWS RELEASE WDFW invites public comments on 18 land conservation projects Contacts: Cynthia Wilkerson, Lands Division Manager, 360-902-2696 Julie Sandberg, Real Estate Manager, 360-902-8149 OLYMPIA – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is inviting public comments on 18 strategic land conservation projects that would protect fish, wildlife, and public access to the great outdoors. Next steps include seeking funding sources for these projects including state Recreation and Conservation Office grants and federal grants from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Conservation projects proposed by the department range from habitat protection and restoration opportunities on the Union River Estuary in Mason County to establishing public boating access on Chapman Lake in Spokane County. Descriptions of all proposed projects are available on the department’s land acquisition webpage at https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/wdfw-lands/land-acquisitions. The department will accept written comments through Jan. 3, 2020. People who would like to submit comments can send them by email to lands@dfw.wa.gov or mail them to: Real Estate Services, PO Box 43158, Olympia, WA 98504. "This is an opportunity to comment on proposals in the early stages of our strategic thinking," said Cynthia Wilkerson, WDFW lands division manager. “Our goal is to protect land and water for people and wildlife throughout the state while preserving natural and cultural heritage.” The department owns or manages about one million acres statewide, with 33 wildlife areas and nearly 500 water access areas around the state. These public lands help sustain wildlife habitat and public recreation opportunities for current and future generations. -WDFW-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm 
Thursday December 12, 2019 14:07 PST Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife Olympia, Wa. RE: WDFW invites public comments on 18 land conservation projects / email sent on Thursday December 12, 2019 @ 08:53 PST Your email states that the comment period on this project ends on Friday, January 3, 2020. Given that between now and January 3 there is: Christmas Hanukkah Festivus Qwaanza New Years AND my mother’s 89th birthday You simply haven’t allowed enough time for the public to comment on this massive project. You need to extend the comment period. Three weeks is NOT REASONABLE. Thank you very much for your time and consideration cc: Hon. Jeannie Darneille cc: Hon. Jake Fey cc: Hon. Laurie Jinkins cc: Hon. Jay Inslee

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message