timberghost
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 5:36 am 
That was my dog, Wa doesn't have wolves wink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gb

gb
PostMon Apr 06, 2020 7:35 am 
General **** wrote:
Now that the Washington State Forest Caribou are all but gone, isn't it time those pesky moose went too? The Columbian September 18, 2019, 6:56pm Wolf Packs Dale Denny of Bearpaw Outfitters has guided hunts in northeast Washington for decades. “In the last 10 to 12 years we have had packs, and the biggest change is that there is half as much game,” said Denny. “There has been a huge impact.” “The moose have been hit hardest,” he said. “They’ve reduced the moose herd by 30 to 40 percent. When I guided hunters, we expected to see five bulls a day. Now if I can see a bull every three days, I’m doing good.”
I would question the objectivity of a guy who makes his living leading hunters for money. The Washington State packs according to DNR are now rather stable in number. Just like in Yellowstone when wolves were re-introduced in 1995, their numbers have been stable for a good number of years. It is good you brought up Moose as they are suffering from CWD and are severely diminished in Minnesota. Perhaps that disease has also spread to other areas. Other ungulates in Washington; Sheep in particular but I believe also Elk have a hoof disease that is thought amongst Sheep to have been introduced from Domestics. The Yakima area was hard hit perhaps 4-6 years ago, although the Sheep population is apparently increasing once again. Last year I saw a herd of about 9 that included 3 kids.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message