Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Where should they sleep?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostMon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 am 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Washakie

Washakie
PostFri Dec 13, 2019 7:57 pm 
Interesting. Many years ago on trip to Tokyo during one of the western world's depressions (it hit Japan harder than us), our hotel was across the street from a small city type park. There were several men living there, each in their tents. Every day the men would take what looked like supple willow branches with leaves and "sweep" the bare hard packed dirt around their tents. It kept the tent areas clean and created interesting patterns on the ground. Even during difficult times the men had pride in their "homes". I learned something.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 4:53 am 
The article linked in the first post says that being given two years to move is the same as being told to move tomorrow.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 am 
"Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do."--my mom. Folks who rent need to be very very flexible. You can't live anywhere you want to. You live where you can afford to live. There's a similar story in the Wenatchee paper about rent being jacked up 61% in an apt. building and a 90 year old woman on social security. There are no vacancies in any low income senior housing places in Wenatchee, what will she do? I suggested she move to a more affordable area, but apparently, from the way I got flamed, it's better to end up on the streets in a tent in a town you are familiar with. Eventually, a kind landlord had a vacancy and offered it to her. It's mean times we live in. If you can't afford it, don't. If you rent, be ready to be displaced. Don't have pets or kids. We used to have "housing projects" but those were deemed to be unsatisfactory and lumped poor people together which was also deemed to be a bad thing. Yup, much better for them to live in tents (sarcasm). My town is poor compared to Seattle, but we have affordable places for people to live and they can also get around a bit on public transportation. More low income apts. are supposed to be built. It happens here because land is cheap. That's how our system works. It sucks and needs to be changed but there is too much money to lose by changing it. So, be flexible and ready to move.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
neek

neek
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Don't have pets or kids.
I know I'll get flamed for this, but 90 year old women should not be having children. Call me ageist and/or sexist, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 am 
Dock em a cruise ship in Everett. Seen them floating that idea in Oakland... pun intended! Seems like a reasonable idea. Or maybe house them in all them grounded boring jets.