Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Merry Christmas everyone
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 10:10 am 
Merry Christmas to all NorthWest Hikers. Im thankful for many things this year in my life. I went thru some pretty major surgery this past July, but Im on the mend. Im thankful for this site and all the NWHikers out there. I think its a pretty wonderful community we have here. Blessings to all.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 10:34 am 
Hey, Merry Christmas, BPJ!! wink.gif and all the rest of you too! Ho! Ho! Ho! dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 10:41 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Merry Christmas to all NorthWest Hikers. Im thankful for many things this year in my life. ... Im thankful for this site and all the NWHikers out there. I think its a pretty wonderful community we have here. Blessings to all.
Agreed! This is my favorite hiking related forum and even though there are some family-like squabbles here and there, everyone seems to be quite well behaved in general. And I like that. Yes, Christmas blessings to all!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 1:16 pm 
Yes, yes, yes! A Merry Christmas to all. BPJ, good to know that you are on the mend! Best wishes to you! and not to leave anyone out, Solstice and Hanukkah greetings also!

don't believe everything you think
Damian

Damian
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 6:02 pm 
Thx BPJ! 👍🏿

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 6:47 pm 
Merry Christmas BPJ! I just arrived today at Priest Lake, I will check and see if your future home is still up for sale.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 7:05 pm 
BPJ, Ski, Moonspots, Damian, RayD, and Chief Joseph, Thanks for the greetings and Merry Christmas to you and all who read this! I am excited to be gathering with family for a festive holiday! Peace on earth and let's enjoy the gift of walking in nature! Best, Bernardo

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 7:58 pm 
That prime rib roast type deal hit hard. Extremely full!! Now those chocolates are sittin' there next to me for the next hour or so and then its gonna be getting into apple crisp and ice cream time. Obviously boozin' all the while. If you're not consuming you're not celebrating. Merry Christmas!

Washakie

Washakie
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 pm 
Merry Christmas everyone. Be sure to send this site's administrators a gift. An elf told me they prefer new crisp bills (3 or 4) with pictures of U. S. Grant on one side. In this way I will benefit too with my usual 10 percent as their agent. Seriously, lets be good to ourselves and to others as well. Merry Christmas.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 11:32 pm 
If you say Merry Christmas through clenched teeth you are not really a Christian.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Dec 24, 2019 11:59 pm 
Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) to everyone. Just heard Santa's sleigh pass overhead.

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 am 
From Thailand: suk san wan Christmas. Hoping the best of all good things to everyone at NWHikers. BW smile.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Dec 25, 2019 11:04 pm 
Ho Ho Ho!

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Dec 26, 2019 10:56 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
If you say Merry Christmas through clenched teeth you are not really a Christian.
Ok, was that really necessary? Now that we're past, Happy New Years to everyone. blowout.gif party.gif banana.gif cheers.gif banana.gif party.gif blowout.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostFri Dec 27, 2019 4:39 pm 
made me think of a long ago trail report I did for WTA.... T'was the week before Christmas and me in the house I couldn't bestir myself off of the couch I could see it in sight, but try as I might I couldn't bestir myself off of the couch I thought about hiking and climbing and snow but I just couldn't get my old legs to go I thought about ants and the seat of my pants but I just couldn't get my old legs to go The 'fridge was loaded with good food and cheer but my mind was locked on the thought of a beer tho' the spirit was willng my rear end stayed chilling but my mind was locked on the thought of a beer Great News for me! My pack is within easy reach I pulled my trusty ice axe out from the breach and a short length of rope might help me to cope I pulled my trusty ice axe out from the breach I made a bowline on the 'T' of the axe ""Just the thing!"" I thought ""for appliances cracks"" I gave it a throw It wedged in the stove ""Just the thing!"" I thought ""for appliances cracks"" Hand over hand I greedily crawled ""I'm gonna get that beer"" my mind was enthralled O'er the slick floor I moved one track mind in the groove ""I'm gonna get the beer"" my mind was enthralled Objective achieved!! I reached for the handle and jerked it back hard, no thought for preamble how happy my mood no, not here for food I jerked it back hard, no thought for preamble Oh Happiness! Oh Bliss! my hand on the can I pull the tab off and the foam hits the fan with great cheer I guzzle beer runs on my muzzle I pull the tab off and the foam hits the fan For holiday drinking I have a great knack But the sofa's so far, how will I get back? I didn't set a piton at the place that I sit on The sofa's so far, how will I get back????? Happy Holidays....

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")