Forum Index > Trip Reports > Bee Sting to the Groin on Manza BM, 09.28.19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Dec 25, 2019 9:45 pm 
T'was a chilly, foggy, breezy day in the Lagunas...& not the 1st time I'd experienced this weather atop Manza BM. It was just 2 of us for this hike...surprisingly the person who always complains about hiking in the heat decided to skip this one. embarassedlaugh.gif @ the TH:
TH
TH
On the way in/up: hink.gif
@ the summit: smile.gif
Froggy in the mist
Froggy in the mist
Froggy in the mist
Froggy in the mist
Summit pano
Summit pano
Not too long after dropping down from the summit, I felt a sudden severe piercing burning pain in my upper thigh/groin/crotch area. eek.gif mad.gif It had me uncontrollably unleashing some choice words & grabbing myself in that area. rant.gif curse.gif If I'd been alone I would've dropped my pants on the spot but as it were I wasn't, & there wasn't a good spot to pull off the trail so I had to wait awhile. It took a long time for the pain to subside, & when we did reach a suitable area for me to check, the whole area was red & swollen but no bee to be found. I figured it was either an ant or bee, but the more I thought about it & compared the experiences of each in the past....yeah, it had to be a bee/wasp. eek.gif The most annoying thing? I was covered from head to toe since it was a chilly day...yet somehow still got stung. I'm thinking I stepped on a ground nest or something. doh.gif confused.gif On the way down: wave.gif
Galls...or testicles?
Galls...or testicles?
Post-hike margs
Post-hike margs

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Dec 25, 2019 10:39 pm 
I walked over a ground hornets nest last year here in Idaho, one flew up my pants leg and stung me in the upper thigh, hurt like hell and my pants and underwear came off very quickly! Leg was swollen for over a week and painful, luckily it did not sting me in the Galls.... then this past fall I was stung again here in Idaho, this time on my hand, which swelled up like a watermelon, definitely not fun! Thanks for sharing. biggrin.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message