Forum Index > Trip Reports > RTR-Agua Dulce-Escondido Ravine Lp, 09.29.19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Dec 25, 2019 10:02 pm 
This was a solo hike to scope out a connector trail for an upcoming hike I'd be leading for my group. I'd whizzed by this crucial turnoff a few wks. prior, so this time I hiked the opposite direction from the parking lot @ Red Tail Roost in order to see where it met up w/the other trail. Once I found it, I made a small loop out of the day. cool.gif up.gif up.gif Heading down the steep part from the water tower:
Here's what the turnoff looks like from the main trail. No wonder I missed it. Hard to tell it's even a trail. paranoid.gif
Continuing on...
In the area of big trees: dizzy.gif
Back @ the car. No t-storm this time! lol.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bkellygr

bkellygr
PostSun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 pm 
Thanks for sharing your California hike. I have a question. The PCT goes through Agua Dulce. I'm been thinking about doing more sections of it. From Agua Dulce to Neenach (going north west), does any snow stay put up there? Or does it typically melt after any snow that may happen? I was thinking that maybe I could plan a week in Feb/Mar. Just curious since I don't have any local knowledge of those hills. Thanks, Bryan

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Dec 30, 2019 12:27 pm 
Well, in the Laguna Mtns. the snow usually melts pretty quickly so it shouldn't be a problem there, especially a bit later in the season.

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.