Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Alex Honnold on season premier of "Running Wild with Bear Grylls" Tues. 1/7
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jan 07, 2020 2:19 pm 
I find the show entertaining. Bear takes his celebrity guests into some rugged places, gets them way out of their comfort zone, and they shoot the breeze about life and stuff. He's gonna have a hard time making Alex uncomfortable though. winksmile.gif On National Geographic channel. It airs a couple times tonight.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 9:19 pm 
So how was it?

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 10:42 pm 
It was interesting. Started out with sky diving, which Honnold has done before but doesn't like very much. I think it's the first time I've ever seen anyone on the show skydive solo rather than tandem w/ Bear. All during the episode Honnold was doing things that no other guest would've done or would've been allowed to do. He declined to clip into a via ferrata or a wire suspension bridge. He led a pitch up a cliff, he did use a rope and a bit of pro, but in any other situation Bear would've been leading rather than following. Also as per usual Bear waded in a freezing cold creek. Honnold said no thanks and scrambled up above it along a canyon. I've always thought Bear is way to eager to get wet and cold, in real survival situations that's the absolute last thing you want to do. Also for all of Honnold's climbing, he hardly does anything in the back country. Does his extremely challenging climbs during the day, then he's on the valley floor at night for dinner and sleeping in his van. Foraging for food, setting up camp, he doesn't really do that stuff. He appeared to be mildly amused by the novelty of it. He's also a vegetarian so he was a little hesitant before chowing down on some ants and then an intact pigeon carcass they found and cooked up. I think I was wrong about it being the season debut. I haven't been seeing any promos for it so I just assumed.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostThu Jan 09, 2020 6:07 am 
Sounds good. Fairly low risk way to pick up a few bucks! Win, win.