Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Yo, Dude!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSat Jan 11, 2020 10:21 am 
don't believe everything you think
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Washakie

Washakie
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 am 
I thought that it was from Jeff Bridges.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 am 
you are correct, sir.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm 
Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed it very much!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 4:27 pm 
Yankee Doodle went to town A-riding on a pony, Stuck a feather in his cap And called it “macaroni.” Chorus: Yankee Doodle keep it up, Yankee Doodle dandy, Mind the music and the step, And with the girls be handy. Father and I went down to camp, Along with Captain Gooding, And there we saw the men and boys As thick as hasty pudding. And there we saw a thousand men As rich as Squire David, And what they wasted every day, I wish it could be saved. The ‘lasses they eat it every day, Would keep a house a winter; They have so much, that I’ll be bound, They eat it when they’ve mind to. And there I see a swamping gun Large as a log of maple, Upon a deuced little cart, A load for father’s cattle. And every time they shoot it off, It takes a horn of powder, and makes a noise like father’s gun, Only a nation louder. I went as nigh to one myself As Siah’s underpinning; And father went as nigh again, I thought the deuce was in him. Cousin Simon grew so bold, I thought he would have cocked it; It scared me so I shrinked it off And hung by father’s pocket. And Captain Davis had a gun, He kind of clapt his hand on’t And stuck a crooked stabbing iron Upon the little end on’t And there I see a pumpkin shell As big as mother’s basin, And every time they touched it off They scampered like the nation. I see a little barrel too, The heads were made of leather; They knocked on it with little clubs And called the folks together. And there was Captain Washington, And gentle folks about him; They say he’s grown so ‘tarnal proud He will not ride without em’. He got him on his meeting clothes, Upon a slapping stallion; He sat the world along in rows, In hundreds and in millions. The flaming ribbons in his hat, They looked so tearing fine, ah! I wanted dreadfully to get To give to my Jemima. I see another snarl of men A digging graves they told me, So ‘tarnal long, so ‘tarnal deep, They ‘tended they should hold me. It scared me so, I hooked it off, Nor stopped, as I remember, Nor turned about till I got home, Locked up in mother’s chamber. Brother Ephraim sold his cow And bought him a commission, And then he went to Canada To fight for the nation. But when Ephraim he came home He proved and arrant coward, He wouldn’t fight the Frenchmen there For fear of being devoured. Sheep’s head and vinegar, Buttermilk and tansy, Boston is a Yankee town–– Sing Hey Doodle Dandy. First we’ll take a pinch of snuff, And then a drink of water, And then we’ll say, “How do you do” –– And that’s a Yankee’s supper. Aminadab is just come home, His eyes all greased with bacon, And all the news that he could tell Is Cape Breton is taken. Stand up, Johnathan Figure in they neighbor; Vathen, stand a little off And make the some some wider. Christmas is a coming, boys, We’ll go to Mother Chase’s. And there we’ll get some sugar dram sweetened with molasses. Heigh ho for our Cape Cod, Heigh ho Nantasket, Do not let the Boston wags Feed your oyster basket. Pumpkin pie is very good. And so is apple lantern, Had you been whipped as oft as I You’d not have been so wanton. Uncle is a Yankee man, In faith, he pays us all off, And he as got a fiddle As big as Daddy’s hog trough. Seth’s mother went to Lynn To by a pair of breeches, The first time Vathen put them on He tore out all the stitches. Dolly Bushel let a fart. Jenny Jones she found it, Ambrose carried it to mill Where Doctor Warren ground it. Our Jemimah’s lost her mare And can’t tell where to find her, But she’ll come trotting by and by And bring her tail behind her. Two and two may go to bed, Two and two together; And if there is not room enough, Lie one atop the other.

Washakie

Washakie
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 pm 
For those old enough to remember... Jeff Bridges' father was Lloyd...famous scuba diver from the old tv show Sea Hunt. I recall Jeff was on several of the episodes. Little did anyone think that he would become The Dude.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 pm 
somewhere around here, neatly typed up, double-spaced, are all 52 verses to "Pop Goes the Weasel". not only do I remember "Sea Hunt", I also remember it was the only thing on teevee on Saturday afternoons after the Stu Martin hosted Saturday Matinee movie presentation. episode after episode - sometimes 5 or 6 in a row. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."