Forum Index > Trail Talk > How much snow did ya get?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 5:20 pm 
We're at 615' elevation and now have about 12". The big stuff is gone, but the fine stuff is STILL coming down.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm 
There is nothing like a snowy evening and sound of easy wind and downey flake that make the woods so lovely dark and deep the darkest evening of the year. Adaptation of Robert Frost

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm 
Especially if your power has been out all day. Darkness comes early. bawl.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 pm 
I highly recommend that if you live in areas of frequent power outages, that you invest in a propane generator that starts up automatically. Otherwise we might have missed Hawks game.. I missed 2 TD's in 10 minutes when the power went out during the chiefs-texans game.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 pm 
I have a ups which will keep everything going until I can fire up the generator, old Florida tradition hurricane party.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostMon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm 
Nancy anne... It looks like there is a fiery humming phoenix in your photo! Where you at bubba's in gold bar a few days ago? Miraculous recovery for me, but I got a few hours in on the plow! Actually feeling not to bad right now.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 1:19 am 
Yay, power just came back on! Yes, we were there two Saturday’s ago, were you? Still like the Mountain View Cafe better, love watching those homemade pies spinning around... Glad you are feeling better! up.gif

gb

gb
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:56 am 
Snow falling on Cedars: NWS:
Quote:
A bit of a break for most places outside the mountains later this afternoon though a few showers will continue. The next item of focus becomes a warm front lifting north from parent low out over the Pacific. Latest model trends are concerning and have made some major changes to the forecast this morning. Still some disagreement between hi-res solutions and ensembles on starting point of warm front as it lifts north but general consensus is from just south of the Strait of Juan de Fuca over to somewhere in northern King or Snohomish counties during the evening hours, then lifting north into Skagit, Whatcom and eventually BC Canada by Wednesday morning. 6Z model runs aren`t all the way in, but a quick peek suggests the trend is even a bit further south of the 00Z runs which obviously has implications for the Seattle metro area. As the band lifts north, locations could see a pretty good burst of moderate to heavy snowfall. This would have substantial impacts to travel. Have upped precipitation amounts and resulting snow forecasts but amounts could be higher than currently indicated, especially in favored upslope areas along the Strait and if the band starts out further south. Also could see some enhancement as moist southerly air meets northeasterly cold Fraser outflow up north. As such, will be issuing a winter storm watch for a good portions of the lowlands from about Seattle northward and along the coast and Strait. Near-term trends will need to be monitored very closely today as uncertainty in heaviest snow placement remains high and changes to the forecast will likely occur.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 am 
No new snow but 7 degrees and still blowing here.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am 
2 1/2 inches in western Grays Harbor.

cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 8:07 am 
that snow amount in nancyann photo is usually what we have here this time of year. So far there has been very little. the elevation here is a little over 4500 ft. the winds have been blowing hard for the last week and temps hovering lower 30s daytime and high teens most nights. however this being montana I expect things might well change in the next month or so. my little brood of chicks is still hanging around and feeding, and the other night I saw several young deer traversing the town. also just got this report from noaa: the Inter-mountain West unsettled this week with rain and heavy mountain snow (extremely low snow levels in the Northwest).

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am 
Handy graphic from NOAA says "Major forecast changes". Snow for Puget Sound lowlands this evening. Time to pre-position our generator. https://twitter.com/NWSSeattle/status/1217076039001632770/photo/1

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am 
Nancyann wrote:
Yay, power just came back on! Yes, we were there two Saturday’s ago, were you? Still like the Mountain View Cafe better, love watching those homemade pies spinning around... Glad you are feeling better! up.gif
I think it was saturday? Lose all track of days this time of year. I was there with my s.o. and mother in law and thought I recognized you ( and hubby)on the way out. Also a fan of the pie spinner! Kind of my fault that they put up the sign not to run or play around it. Still snowing here. Never really stopped. Lost power again last night. Maybe up to 10"s... that forecast update looks great gb! Nws is saying a few today, and up to 7 tonight. I bet we pile on a foot if it comes through.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am 
Lookin like another HEAVY round in the ring tonight. I got more snow than ALL my neighbors!! It's time to sit down and start refreshing these update pages for the day! Barely slept last night monitorin' these fronts coming thru. I usually go back and forth between the radar data accessed via my phone/internet and lookin out the window. Thinkin about startin up a tweet account so I can further engage in these snow updates.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 am 
kvpair wrote:
1.5 inches in sammamish. Lake WA schools closed.
My son in Olympia reports streets are wet, "some" snow on the ground otherwise, yet they called this morning @ 5:30 to announce school closing! 🤪🤣 Ya gotta be kidding me! For the ground being wet?!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology