Forum Index > Trip Reports > New Trail on Squak
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HomeBoy

HomeBoy
PostWed Apr 15, 2020 3:27 pm 
There is no signage prohibiting using the old trail - such as a sign stating "Closed for Restoration" (which I would obviously obey). Obviously, someone doesn't like the idea of the trail remaining open, or they would not have felled trees and placed logs to block it at its top and bottom. The trail lies outside of Squak Mtn State Park and is within King County's Cougar/Squak Corridor jurisdiction. The state park prohibits dogs off leash, overnight camping, and fires. Otherwise, I'm not aware of state park restrictions on where you walk - whether on official trails, abandoned trails, or off trail. King County has many signs on Cougar Mtn regarding forbidden areas near old mines. None of those signs exist on Squak. In the absence of ssomeone clarifying this issue for both of us, my suggestion is, "You decide." Maybe a King County official will weigh in.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RatherBOutdoors

RatherBOutdoors
PostWed Apr 15, 2020 3:33 pm 
In talking with the county official responsible for the new trail, he said that they did not intend to close the old trail, it just wouldn't see much/any maintenance

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message