Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > You know what's annoying?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 3:51 pm 
More annoying shows that I am subjected to....Dr. Pimple Popper and the new one which is really gross, My Feet are Killing Me,....why do people like to watch this nasty stuff? Yuk! I just keep my eyes upon my computer screen and try not to be tempted to look at the train wrecks..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm 
I'm happy I didnt have to watch those sounds horrible. She started watching those after moved luckily.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 8:47 pm 
Now it's Dr Phil....or as I like to refer to him, Dr. Pill. shakehead.gif Another weird and annoying thing I have noticed lately is that restaurants no longer have mustard on the table, only ketchup and almost always Tabasco sauce, sometimes green AND red...wtf? I have asked a few waitpersons about this with no good answers. Damn First World Problems!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Waterman

Waterman
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 9:18 pm 
There is this thing called an off switch. Pick up a book. Or go volunteer somewhere. Just saying...

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 9:30 pm 
Books are annoying, they take to long to read....plus as I said, I don't have control of the remote. Right now I am in the Idaho mountains far from any metro area so volunteering would be difficult. although I suppose I could "volunteer" to buy drinks at the local bar and they could listen to my complaints? But you guys are cheaper, lol.

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm 
I noticed that too over here you see ketchup AMD a bunch of different hot sauces even in places you wouldnt expect hot sauce especially the ones you see. I call this area Mexico so it kinda makes sense Mexicans out number everybody else by like 95% especially warden it's more like 99% here

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 pm 
Just go fishing trout should be biting good right now choose a sunny not too windy day and you'll probably start slaying them. I wanted to today it was nice and sunny 2 weeks ago we went on a nice sunny day and me and my both both limited out on trout this is my favorite time of year for trout. And while your waiting on a bite complain on here. 2 fun things fishing and being on here

Fishing

Fishing
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 pm 
Is fishing volunteering I'm volunteering my time on the lake to catch fish now thats what I call community service 😀😀 I'm catching all those stocked trout for the state

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 pm 
Camron wrote:
And while your waiting on a bite complain on here.
I like that idea, I am easily bored, so multi-tasking fits me well.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 1:47 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I just keep my eyes upon my computer screen and try not to be tempted to look at the train wrecks..
Just choosin' one train wreck over the other. These days lately I've been choosin' the nwhikers train wreck (or should I say TRAIL wreck!!!) because I really get the sense that you guys need my knowledge. I know what the deal is and I'm always happy to teach!

neek

neek
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 11:54 am 
What I hate is all these productivity articles the computer keeps throwing at me. To get more done, go on a 7-day fast then wake up at 5 and run a marathon and take an ice bath! Increase your output, reach your full potential, vanquish your enemies! What if I don't care about cranking out the maximum number of widgets (physical or virtual) for the seething masses? What if I'm content just sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing, does that make me a bad person? Seven habits of highly defective people, more like. Of course I'm too lazy to read the stuff, so no big deal. But seriously, once you've covered the basics, how much more can you really say on the matter? If I didn't know any better I'd say most "content" these days is created simply for the potential ad revenue, not to truly improve humanity.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 12:10 pm 
neek wrote:
If I didn't know any better I'd say most "content" these days is created simply for the potential ad revenue, not to truly improve humanity.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your assumption here, sir! And may I offer the expectation that these ads are not conceived, nor executed by any "wise old owls" about my (our?) age! This is "young pups" territory, trying desperately to reel in yet more young pups! lol.gif We just get caught up in the net ('net?) by design. They can ALL go "pound sand" as far as I'm concerned! up.gif hockeygrin.gif Further, what's REALLY funny about this thread is the first two topics: 1) "ya know what's annoying" followed immediately by: 2) "hernia surgery" lol.gif hockeygrin.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
neek

neek
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 12:38 pm 
Glad you understand! To be clear, I wasn't trying to invoke any sort of generational warfare. The way things got to this point is complicated.
moonspots wrote:
Further, what's REALLY funny about this thread is the first two topics
This reminds me of a time I checked Nextdoor and the first topic was "Missing cat", followed by "Coyote sighting".

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 5:26 pm 
neek wrote:
What if I'm content just sitting on my a$$ all day doing nothing
Which perfectly explains your avatar. And yes, it makes you a bad person. The worst. How dare you not produce and consume as much as you possibly can with each waking moment. You are not doing your part for society!!! (Where society=corporate profit) Clickbait on facebook is annoying. The "articles" are written at a 3rd grade level with no apparent editing and are almost always full of inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I kind of wish I could get paid to write garbage, might be interesting, but I haven't figured out how to tap into that revenue stream yet. The ones that aren't simply blatant ways to get as many pop-up ads in front of you as possible are nothing more than thinly veiled ads for some product or service.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jan 25, 2020 5:39 pm 
moonspots wrote:
You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your assumption here, sir! And may I offer the expectation that these ads are not conceived, nor executed by any "wise old owls" about my (our?) age! This is "young pups" territory, trying desperately to reel in yet more young pups! lol.gif We just get caught up in the net ('net?) by design. They can ALL go "pound sand" as far as I'm concerned! up.gif hockeygrin.gif Further, what's REALLY funny about this thread is the first two topics: 1) "ya know what's annoying" followed immediately by: 2) "hernia surgery" lol.gif hockeygrin.gif
I'm glad I'm not the only one to appreciate that.