Forum Index > Trip Reports > Teanaway snow camping S24O for Prez day
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostWed Feb 19, 2020 2:50 pm 
Nothing epic, just shaking down our new tent + stove a couple miles from the truck. But you know, short trips like this can still have their own 'mental reset' magic... totally worth it.
We were supposed to get ~2" of snow overnight. This turned into... more, lol. 4"+ the next morning for sure. At this point during the night we could hardly see with our headlamps.
Early morning, our larger pulk is the snow covered lump on the left of the tent.
It had cleared off later in the night and the stars were INCREDIBLE. Moon over the ridge just before sunrise.
Barging the kit back out, he had one sled and I had a smaller one. Probably the best skiing of the season right here, I was just sad we couldn't stay and do more but we had a lot of gear to get dried out and sorted before the fam dumped back into school/work Tuesday.

~Mom jeans on wheels
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bosterson

Bosterson
PostWed Feb 19, 2020 9:30 pm 
Nice! I haven't heard anyone use "S24O" in a long time, now I'm going to have to check in on the Rivendell website. biggrin.gif

Go! Take a gun! And a dog! Without a leash! Chop down a tree! Start a fire! Piss wherever you want! Build a cairn! A HUGE ONE! BE A REBEL! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! (-bootpathguy)
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie
PostThu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 am 
Bosterson wrote:
Nice! I haven't heard anyone use "S24O" in a long time, now I'm going to have to check in on the Rivendell website. biggrin.gif
I still hear it in bikepacking circles! biggrin.gif

~Mom jeans on wheels