Forum Index > Partners > Glacier Peak Summit in June 2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Man-inna-hillz

Man-inna-hillz
PostFri Jan 17, 2020 4:01 pm 
I am interested in either forming or joining a group for a summit bid on Glacier Peak in June of this year. I'm eyeing June 18-21/22, though that is somewhat flexible (could be later). Was thinking of just doing North Fork Sauk to Mackinaw, then to Glacier Gap, Summit Day, and then back out the Sauk, though I am open to other routes. I am an experienced Mountaineer (Baker, Hood, Rainier, Shuksan, Ptarmigan Traverse, etc.), and would ideally join an experienced group familiar with crevasse rescue, ropes, belay, etc. Any leads appreciated. If there are a few people interested, I am happy to organize the trip. You can reply to this message or PM me. Let me know your bona fides and experience too. I am not really qualified to "lead" a trip of this nature, but I can certainly capably follow.

The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSat Feb 01, 2020 8:57 pm 
I suggest reaching out to Jetlag - even if he's not up gor the trip, he's well connected with the people you need to know. I'm interested, but too out of shape and quite realistic about the fitness needed to achieve the goal - not gonna be there maybe ever again.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message