Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
Previous :: Next Topic  
Author Message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 9651 | TRs
Location: Don't move here
treeswarper
  Top

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat May 16, 2020 6:03 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I am alarmed at the logic being used to return "back to normal." 

On one web site, folks are saying no need for any precautions because they don't know anybody who got sick, therefore it doesn't exist.  The other wide spread supporting reason for no precautions is that the hospitals did not fill up.

I think we are doomed for one heck of a second round.

2 new cases found in the south county yesterday.  We have health experts vs politicians/sheriff starting to go at it, as do other areas.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
longhair27
Member
Member


Joined: 13 Jan 2003
Posts: 169 | TRs
Location: Seattle, WA
longhair27
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 8:11 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Patients admitted to Hosptials in America, Italy and China who are the worst condition all have common thread all have very low levels of Vitamin D3.

People who maintain their Vitamin D3 levels have no severe symptoms.  Defiency is anything below 40-ng.  All Functional Medicine MD's and Natropathic MD (NP's) keep their client's D3 levels UP daily and year around.  The 90's is what we all need to be at. 

Also the exact same symptoms of Corona Virus that Doctors have been seeing manifesting in Patients in China, America and Europe are identical to Zinc Defiencies one for one down the list.

Zinc Gluconate STOPS Viral Replication in the human body.

Everyone needs to keep their Immune System UP daily

Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Picolate and Zinc Acetate are best forms in that respective order to take

Vitamin D3 - 7,000 to 10,000 IU's daily

Vitamin C - 3,000 milligrams in divided dosages throughout each day

Selenium - 400 mirco grams daily

All of these in those amounts would prevent many deaths worldwide.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant
Member
Member


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 14602 | TRs
Location: Back Again Like A Bad Penny
Malachai Constant
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 8:25 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
So go chew on a bucket clown.gif

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MtnGoat
Member
Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2001
Posts: 12000 | TRs
Location: Lyle, WA
MtnGoat
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:01 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski wrote:
RE: "Russel Blaylock MD"

Ski wrote:
more cranks and hacks. same as ever.  dizzy.gif

or in other words:

Don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the King of Rock and Roll lol.gif

next time you need to do that "appeal to authority" thing, check with Captain Kangaroo or Laurel & Hardy.... it would make as much sense.... and probably be more valid lol.gif


Unsurprisingly, you're not actually dealing with the points raised. The king of something, all right.

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MtnGoat
Member
Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2001
Posts: 12000 | TRs
Location: Lyle, WA
MtnGoat
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:04 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski wrote:
King County Local Health Officer Directive re: Face Masks EFFECTIVE May 18, 2020

First this, then a strawman claim about appeal to authority, ah the irony. There's a miss in at least one cylinder, I see. Especially when the critique itself is empty of a real argument, since you haven't shown any actual reason the items listed in the argument you sort of attacked are not real factors.

How is it you even see the posts you claim to be ignoring when no one else has quoted them biggrin.gif

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MtnGoat
Member
Member


Joined: 17 Dec 2001
Posts: 12000 | TRs
Location: Lyle, WA
MtnGoat
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:14 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
treeswarper wrote:
I am alarmed at the logic being used to return "back to normal." 

On one web site, folks are saying no need for any precautions because they don't know anybody who got sick, therefore it doesn't exist.  The other wide spread supporting reason for no precautions is that the hospitals did not fill up.

I think we are doomed for one heck of a second round.

2 new cases found in the south county yesterday.  We have health experts vs politicians/sheriff starting to go at it, as do other areas.

We were shut down, locked down, and had our rights severely curtailed on the basis of flattening the curve. Regardless of their modeling validity (barely above zero) the fact is that hospitals have not been overwhelmed here and the stated goal has been achieved.

I think your claim concerning 'no precautions' is a position no one holds.

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 4193 | TRs
Location: Seattle
Cyclopath
  Top

Faster than light
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:35 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Governor Cuomo expresses this eloquently and poignantly.   ~z

.
.

up.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((°>



Joined: 28 May 2005
Posts: 10929 | TRs
Location: tacoma
Ski
  Top

><((((°>
PostSat May 16, 2020 11:17 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
^ yeah... well.... in a nutshell, there are those who are concerned with the "we", and there are those who live in their own little vacuums who are concerned only with the "me".

pretty simple, really.... and not too difficult to figure out which is which. lol.gif

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
zephyr
aka friendly hiker



Joined: 21 Jun 2009
Posts: 2274 | TRs
Location: West Seattle
zephyr
  Top

aka friendly hiker
PostSat May 16, 2020 1:10 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
This short video clip is of Governor Andrew Cuomo discussing the troubling implications of younger children's susceptibility to Kawasaki Disease from the Covid-19 infection.  https://twitter.com/i/status/1261338457105928195

This is a Twitter post by Adam Handy, quote:  Governor @NYGovCuomo  speaking about #Covid19 Pims-TS (Kawasaki-like syndrome) and immunity, as a politician, parent & human.

This video is via Twitter, if a copy comes up on YouTube I will re-post.  ~z
.
.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Washakie
Member
Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 347 | TRs
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washakie
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:12 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Never thought I would see a Long John link in an outdoors forum.

Thiis place is the best.

--------------
"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young

"We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee

"The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent"  - Washakie
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 7236 | TRs
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
  Top

Snarky Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:24 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
longhair27 wrote:
Everyone needs to keep their Immune System UP daily

People with transplanted organs or that have various autoimmune diseases actually need to suppress their immune system to stay alive.   They are especially vulnerable to serious problems from any kind of infection, cold, flu or COVID.
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon
Member
Member


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 791 | TRs
Location: the fitness gyms!!
BigBrunyon
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:43 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I was out for a bike ride last night, around 8pm. Passed a house in the middle of a full blown rager! Appeared to be a keg, music blastin, people spilling out of the crowded house and into the front yard with keg cups and cigarettes.

I thought I was hallucinating for more than a few seconds, but this was indeed real.

--------------
I mow the grass before 7am
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist



Joined: 07 Sep 2018
Posts: 995 | TRs
Location: Seattle
Anne Elk
  Top

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSat May 16, 2020 9:57 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Things just got more complicated.  Seems like a problem with testing; ie, false negatives.

Sailors on sidelined carrier get virus a second time


And an update:  Eight more sailgors aboard US ship test positive a second time

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  It’s why we can’t have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Randito
Snarky Member



Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 7236 | TRs
Location: Bellevue at the moment.
Randito
  Top

Snarky Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:00 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk wrote:
Things just got more complicated.  Seems like a problem with testing; ie, false negatives.

Sailors on sidelined carrier get virus a second time


And an update:  Eight more sailgors aboard US ship test positive a second time


There is now some data indicating that the reinfection cases are instead false positive test results.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-reinfections-were-false-positives.html
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
graywolf
Member
Member


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 684 | TRs
Location: Sequim
graywolf
  Top

Member
PostSat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk wrote:
Things just got more complicated.  Seems like a problem with testing; ie, false negatives.

Sailors on sidelined carrier get virus a second time


And an update:  Eight more sailgors aboard US ship test positive a second time

If you remember Peter Attia's short video explaining sensitivity (positive test results) and specificity (negative test results), he makes the point that false negatives are much more dangerous.  And now we're starting to see the results of poor test specificity.

I can post a link to the video if folks want to see it.

--------------
The only easy day was yesterday...
Back to top
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > To your/our health (Covid-19 thread)
  Happy Birthday Phlox, Franco, Grub hub!
Jump to:   
Search this topic:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
   Use Disclaimer Powered by phpBB Privacy Policy