Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 6:32 am 
timberghost wrote:
Please refrain from posting reports at least to my areas
Relax. He didnt name the lake and nobody is going to go there from this report that didnt already plan on going there already! That lake isnt like hiking to Snow lake in the ALW.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 8:29 am 
ya thats the point einsteine....oops spelt that wong...lets see if we can get some dogs and fire rings and maybe some trash up there!! or is it hard to get to? ..lets start up the thread of places that have been trashed ....replete with pictures... that's funny timbergohost!...ya I know it's probably hard to get to and no-one goes...but if it looks great i bet my left nut that it will get popular...well half a nut....

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 04, 2020 9:55 am 
forest gnome wrote:
that's funny timbergohost!...ya I know it's probably hard to get to and no-one goes...but if it looks great i bet my left nut that it will get popular...well half a nut....
Hey "G"nomey, I know that lake, its a triple bitch. Nobody's gonna start going there. I mean that's fine too. There are way more of those lakes than most people know about. The mobs arent going to spend the effort necessary to accomplish something like that.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
timberghost

timberghost
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 6:33 am 
There was a flock of people there last year.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Mar 05, 2020 8:57 am 
timberghost wrote:
There was a flock of people there last year.
Obviously not enough to have "Ruined" it for you or other people. I wouldnt say that Snow lake is ruined and look at the numbers it gets. I would say that the environment is way more resilient than people give it credit for. If its simply the fact that you (hikers) dont like seeing other people out there when they (you) hike, then thats a personal problem. Ive hiked thousands of times since 1977 and its never bothered me seeing other people when I hike. If you spend lots of time trying to plan trips going into places that will leave you alone with your efforts, sorry but you dont have that right. What gives you the right to solitude and NOT the other people you see out there?

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Mar 06, 2020 7:52 am 
dagnabit....I thought it may be a "triple bitch" hike....arghhhhh!!!! I need to stick to hidden gems that are short x-c .... at my age every thing feels like that...chain lakes couple of year ago bout killed us...well the 3.5hours up hill anyway...

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Mar 06, 2020 8:07 am 
forest gnome wrote:
dagnabit....I thought it may be a "triple bitch" hike....arghhhhh!!!! I need to stick to hidden gems that are short x-c .... at my age every thing feels like that...chain lakes couple of year ago bout killed us...well the 3.5hours up hill anyway...
Chain Lakes up from Williams, or Chain Lakes near Bulls Tooth? Hey, like Borank said to me as I worked to keep up with him. "Its only walking"! LOL.