Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Being Prepared for Unexpected Calamity
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Shred

Shred
PostSun Mar 15, 2020 7:32 pm 
When I run out of $#!t tickets, I'm knocking down Backpacker Joe's door. Any one else need any??

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostSun Mar 15, 2020 8:30 pm 
Shred wrote:
When I run out of $#!t tickets, I'm knocking down Backpacker Joe's door. Any one else need any??
Grab some alcohol while you’re at it. Yea,

When I grow up I wanna play.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
NOPE! Ive had 10 years worth stored up for the last 6 years anyway. LOL.
And you are judging other people? Strange thought process going on there.
Yes Im judging these lemmings!

Washakie

Washakie
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 12:07 am 
Who wants to use stale TP? I like mine fresh.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 5:00 am 
We really dont know Joe's habits. is he a stingy triple folder, or does he roll seveteen layers around his hand, and do one wipe and toss? How much fiber is he getting? I'm trying to imagine what 10 years of TP would look like. How much space does it take up? You never see serving sizes, or poops per pack. Not sure I would attempt rushing a cabin with that much TP. Surely stocked on other items.

Shred

Shred
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 6:41 am 
ale_capone wrote:
We really dont know Joe's habits. is he a stingy triple folder, or does he roll seveteen layers around his hand, and do one wipe and toss? How much fiber is he getting? I'm trying to imagine what 10 years of TP would look like. How much space does it take up? You never see serving sizes, or poops per pack. Not sure I would attempt rushing a cabin with that much TP. Surely stocked on other items.
😂😂 Anyone who gives away their position and brags of their holdings will be easy to infiltrate. I will take the 1 ton. Going for the booze too.

neek

neek
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:05 am 
Washakie wrote:
Who wants to use stale TP? I like mine fresh.
Little known fact. Preheat oven to 300, then put them in for 10 minutes. Will freshen right up.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 8:03 am 
Sometimes in dire situations such as coronavirus concerns you have to use old socks or shirts to wipe!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 am 
BigBrunyon wrote:
Sometimes in dire situations such as coronavirus concerns you have to use old socks or shirts to wipe!
You don't have to use the whole shirt, (usually). Just cut off a sleeve, or part of a sleeve on a long sleeved shirt. You'll have to make your T shirt into a wife beater or midi shirt using this method. And one should cut off the other sleeve to match just so your balance is not off kilter.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 8:46 am 
I normally go shopping Monday mornings at the Walmarche. Usually, the store is empty of other shoppers. Not so this morning. I didn't need any but all the paper towels, Kleenex, and TP are gone. My main goal was to replenish the milk supply. Those shelves were almost bare. I ended up with the $1 more milk that lasts for longer. That was all that was left. The bottled water was about a third full. No rice or flour. I found lots of bread available because I don't eat white bread. The white bread was gone. Other things were sparse. The wipes to wipe off the cart handles were gone. There were more shoppers than usual grimly filling their carts up with what they could find. Then I went to North 40 to see if they had seed potatoes yet. Their parking lot was so empty I wondered if the store was even open. It was. They had a sign up proclaiming a limit of two bags per customer for dog fud. There were no potatoes to be had--it is kind of early. That's my report for here. The wind is still blasting away--dammit!

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 am 
I remember years ago reading somewhere that an Alaska bush pilot used to keep a big sack of dog kibble in his plane "just in case of emergency". Hmmm.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 1:39 pm 
Gotta perteck all thet toilet paper! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/us-sales-guns-ammunition-soar-amid-coronavirus-panic-buying

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 pm 
Rice keeps a long, long time and so you can eat it eventually, regardless. When the first case hit WA I loaded up on rice, it goes with so many things.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 3:37 pm 
Had a hundred or so $7 off $7 meat/seafood coupons to use up at Safeway before they expired end of January. Not really a meat person but I really enjoyed picking up a free king crab leg for dinner every other night. The pike place clam chowder was also quite delicious but I wasn't keen on freezing it. Grudgingly resorted to stockpiling Hempler's beef jerky. I think I might have BPJ beat there. clown.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 16, 2020 5:01 pm 
I'd go to the Safeway here but it always has lines to check out and I don't want to be standing in a line right now. I think my new strategy will be to go to the Okanogan grocery store. In my trip this morning to wally world, I noted that all the white bread was sold out. There was no shortage of the whole wheat or even partly whole wheat. I found my favorite tortillas were still available. A friend told me that China was to blame and was not shipping "stuff". I pointed out that I don't really think that China ships us milk, flour, bread, etc. I took my dog for a walk this afternoon. The park which is next to the library, for the first time in a long time had no bums (homeless I presume) hanging about and shouting and stuff. The library is closed indefinitely and I guess it must be necessary for their existence. Otherwise, things looked normal. Sure wish the wind gusts would stop! I guess I should have taken a few pictures and written a trail report.