Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Covid-19: Laughter is the Best Medicine (Y2K All Over Again?)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm 
If you're in a pinch you can find the gag TP on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=toilet+paper&i=toys-and-games

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostThu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I just want to know when TP will be back on store shelves? I bought some in Idaho on my way back, probably have a 3 week supply.
You gotta be $h!!++!&@ me!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am 
They came for mountains They came for pretty lights They came for beer And now they come for toilet paper! In the Safeway, I noticed a number of apocalyptic-eyed shoppers wandering around with paper products and bottled water. The cashier whispered to me, "They're from Seattle." Yes, it's true. Now there are even instances of west-side chartered buses loading up for shopping trips to the Bavarian Safeway. Easy to avoid the one packet of TP rule with multiple cashiers. (As if that is not already known. eek.gif ) Ah well, one does what one has to do to keep a butt clean, be prepared, OR...even to be a hoarder. shakehead.gif shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 9:32 am 
My preference for a clean backside has always existed and it doesn't make me your hoarder, or your warehouse. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this. tongue.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 am 
Apologies to Queen.

neek

neek
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 10:45 am 
I just thought of a TP joke, hope it doesn't offend any fellow animal lovers. Q: what's the difference between a long haired cat and a poodle? A: you can re-use the cat after a few hours Thanks, I'll be here for the foreseeable future.

Brucester

Brucester
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 11:22 am 
Laughter and music..... Had this (other) song in my head yesterday: YouTube----- Mudhoney- Touch Me I'm Sick (Live on KEXP) Filmed from the roof of the Space Needle, how sick is that???

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 12:02 pm 
Get Out and Go wrote:
Now there are even instances of west-side chartered buses loading up for shopping trips to the Bavarian Safeway
So social distancing is really a social gathering that travels some distance together.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 12:53 pm 
^ That's right alpendave. I can't verify this but I hear that the chartered buses started their "shopping tour" in Cle Elum, hit the stores in Wenatchee, and then Leavenworth before looping back home. I imagine that all the while on the bus they were singing a rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall." On each verse someone would offer up a new item that they had cleaned the shelf of... bags of rice, packets of pasta, loaves of bread, etc. clown.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm 
I know. I keep using the same photo. But Imgflip doesn’t give a whole lot of better ones. via Imgflip Meme Generator

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 5:09 pm 
Come on now people, wink.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 pm 
It was all great virtue signaling until the bags became a transmission hazard instead of merely harboring your own personal crud. Portland...Maine
Quote:
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, City Manager Jon Jennings is suspending a Portland ordinance that requires some retailers to charge customers for each single-use plastic bag. And at least one supermarket is suspending its online ordering and curbside grocery pick-up so workers can focus on stocking shelves. Portland’s plastic bag ordinance, enacted in 2015, was designed to encourage people to switch to reusable bags. But the city is discouraging people from taking reusable bags into grocery stores out of fear that it may spread coronavirus.
Why is this in the humor thread? Because White Salmon just reversed it's new bag ban, they will not allow checkers to touch your probably not infested reusable, and they're running out of the paper bags (they had to stop charging the new fee imposed on them) because they stopped ordering normal plastic shopping bags...and I laughed so hard when I saw the sign on the grocery store door.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
It was all great virtue signaling until the bags became a transmission hazard instead of merely harboring your own personal crud. Portland...Maine
Quote:
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, City Manager Jon Jennings is suspending a Portland ordinance that requires some retailers to charge customers for each single-use plastic bag. And at least one supermarket is suspending its online ordering and curbside grocery pick-up so workers can focus on stocking shelves. Portland’s plastic bag ordinance, enacted in 2015, was designed to encourage people to switch to reusable bags. But the city is discouraging people from taking reusable bags into grocery stores out of fear that it may spread coronavirus.
Why is this in the humor thread? Because White Salmon just reversed it's new bag ban, they will not allow checkers to touch your probably not infested reusable, and they're running out of the paper bags (they had to stop charging the new fee imposed on them) because they stopped ordering normal plastic shopping bags...and I laughed so hard when I saw the sign on the grocery store door.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. I always used those bags for cat liter or bathroom garbage can liners.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 9:46 am 
Get Out and Go wrote:
^ That's right alpendave. I can't verify this but I hear that the chartered buses started their "shopping tour" in Cle Elum, hit the stores in Wenatchee, and then Leavenworth before looping back home. I imagine that all the while on the bus they were singing a rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall." On each verse someone would offer up a new item that they had cleaned the shelf of... bags of rice, packets of pasta, loaves of bread, etc. clown.gif
I heard of this bus from Seattle at the beginning of the week. I dismissed it as a conspiracy theory but it sure has gotten around. In the account I read about, it was a bus, chartered specifically for the mission and full of TP looters who targeted the Leavenworth Safeway. I am curious if the RV toilet paper which is usually stored amongst RV stuff is also gone. It is very spendy.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 am 
5 feet bigger than it needs to be, but I think everyone needs to wear a 12' diameter hoop. Head mount with cords at 4 points of contact. Easy-peasy https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/north-las-vegas/las-vegas-woman-sets-guinness-record-using-17-foot-hula-hoop-1856579/

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want