Forum Index > Trail Talk > Geez Louise, didn't expect crowds on a Tuesday!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BarbE

BarbE
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 10:08 am 
At 3PM on Tuesday I had Mailbox to myself for a some time. After that and on the way down a few people, but easy to keep a safe distance. I hear, last weekend was a different story.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hikerdood

Hikerdood
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 12:03 pm 
That is why I have my secret hiking spots that only a few people know about... You can buy the information from me for 20 rolls of Toilet Paper. biggrin.gif

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostFri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 pm 
BarbE wrote:
At 3PM on Tuesday I had Mailbox to myself for a some time.
You're back! I've been a little concerned about you down there in the desert so far away. I only saw the one trip report but it looked beautiful in J.T. ~z

the1mitch

the1mitch
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 8:37 am 
18 cars at the Boulder River TH when we left at 1:30 pm.. We passed 8 more coming in on the way out. We were in in the early AM and saw only 5 folks on the trail until the last mile out. Even the busy spots can be tolerable if you get there early. " SNOBBISH HIKER COMMENT ALERT" the attire hung on some of the midday hikers was worth the crowding! Favorite outfit? white sweater above light tan tights finished by ballet slippers and a leather fanny pack. Sadly she left the purse dog at home. But hey folks are getting out...........yes I have cabin fever.

illegitimi non carborundum!
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 2:11 pm 
WTF? The WA side trails in the gorge are freakin mobbed. I just drove past Catherine creek and coyote wall trailheads and there are easily 50% more cars at both than I have ever seen on any holiday weekend. Cars on both sides of the road for a mile at Catherine and massive overflow onto 14 shoulders at Coyote. Should people really be traveling this far to semi mingle in semi dispersed groups under these circumstances? There are a massive proportion of Oregon plates and I'm betting a large chunk from PDX

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
xrp
Tactical Backpacker

xrp
Tactical Backpacker
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
There are a massive proportion of Oregon plates and I'm betting a large chunk from PDX
OR side of the Gorge is still burnt to a crisp or closed. bawl.gif

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSat Mar 21, 2020 7:06 pm 
Just got back from a few days in the OR Coast Range along the Wilson River highway (Route 6). Place was busy. Mostly OHVs and mtn bikers. Very few hikers. But it was nice weather and close to Portland so I don't know if that was regular crowds or not. People all crowded together at picnic tables eating. After touching the restroom door handles of course. I don't use those things when there's not a plague going around.