Forum Index > Trip Reports > Glacier Peak via White Chuck River, March 20-22, 2020
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostMon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm 
Ryan, no I hadn't seen that. Nathan's time is blazing! The N. Fork Sauk route is probably 1-1.5 hours slower than the way I went. I think he might have been able to run the Sitkum route in the low 6 hour range. It is fun to watch all this FKT business. These days I'm content to take my time and smell the flowers. Can't go fast if I try, and I can't compete against my past, nor certainly not against the speedsters of today.

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am 
I keep coming back to this report and photos. wub.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostThu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 am 
Another amazing TR and well done; brings back memories of my frequent trips up the White Chuck trail in the 80`s and 90`s when it was a popular trail to the Hotsprings, Kennedy ridge and the Boulder basin (Sitkum Glacier) route up GP. Maybe that trail will get fixed someday?

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 am 
Amazing effort, Eric! Nice to see the Kennedy Hot Springs area again. My best friend and I dropped from the PCT down 643A to Kennedy Hot Springs in mid-September of 1973 to escape a series of storms while thru-hiking. There was a high, skinny log crossing over Kennedy Creek, which was raging at the time. We made it, but our dog refused to go across on the log and ended up swimming with his pack on. He was swept downstream aways, but finally prevailed. Stinky or not, that hot springs was heavenly after we spent a cold, wet night up near Glacier Peak Meadows. We washed the germs off by jumping in Kennedy Creek afterwards smile.gif

SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostFri Apr 24, 2020 8:41 pm 
Nice... very nice! up.gif

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC