Forum Index > Trail Talk > Is there a legal place to get in some elevation gain in King/Sno/Pierce area?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stephen B

Stephen B
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 pm 
blendergasket wrote:
Stephen B wrote:
And can COVID survive contact with a mixture of poisonous hydrocarbons both on the handle and in the air? I mean breathing benzene is not really great for us humans even.
This is a great point. Next time I get gas I'm going to pour a little extra gas into my hand and rub it on the pump handle.
Like I said, I wash my hands when I pump gas. I didn’t need Inslee or the CDC or any besserwissers on the internet to tell me that.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stephen B

Stephen B
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm 
Randito wrote:
Trails and parks might be closed, but roads are open. A few laps of "Zoo Hill" will do the trick.
If you drive anywhere you should be crucified. Just ask the kangaroo court. #stayTheF%^#?!#%^Home

Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 8:58 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
90% of all accidents happen near home.
I'm moving !

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Pahoehoe

Pahoehoe
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:03 pm 
asdf wrote:
Value from isolation is roughly in proportion to how isolated you are. An extra gas station trip is a rounding error after I've already gone grocery shopping once a week, accepted 2 package deliveries per week, picked up a prescription, and oh did I forget, cohabit with my wife, who is still at work every day in a doctor's office. Lol. Yeah it's that one extra gas station trip where I don't come within 10 feet of anyone, that is the risk. Your concern is noted, but please have some degree of proportionality to your outrage.
That's just you. Add everyone else. Plus the people who ohhh sh##! Have to take a crap. Ohh crud I forgot my xyz Let's stop for dinner I wont give these guys 6 feet when passing because there is no space, but hey, I'm going fast... Then the ankle twisters The headlamp forgetters Weather ignores Etc, etc. It's everyone put together.

JPH

JPH
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 pm 
blendergasket wrote:
Stephen B wrote:
And can COVID survive contact with a mixture of poisonous hydrocarbons both on the handle and in the air? I mean breathing benzene is not really great for us humans even.
This is a great point. Next time I get gas I'm going to pour a little extra gas into my hand and rub it on the pump handle.
neek wrote:
Randito wrote:
Gasoline isn't an anti-septic.
Light it on fire and it is. You have to think outside the box during times like these.
Slim wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
90% of all accidents happen near home.
I'm moving !
This is pure gold! lol.gif #golfclap

altasnob

altasnob
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:24 pm 
Stephen B wrote:
if you drive anywhere you should be crucified. Just ask the kangaroo court.
We are a week away before the models project we run out of ICU hospital beds in the State. So if you do drive for your "essential activity" just make sure you don't need a ICU hospital bed.
Oh, and Inslee is looking at traffic data to see how well his stay at home orders are keeping people in their home. So if everyone thinks it's cool to drive, Inslee may have a new order for us.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 9:51 pm 
altasnob wrote:
Stephen B wrote:
if you drive anywhere you should be crucified. Just ask the kangaroo court.
We are a week away before the models project we run out of ICU hospital beds in the State. So if you do drive for your "essential activity" just make sure you don't need a ICU hospital bed.
Oh, and Inslee is looking at traffic data to see how well his stay at home orders are keeping people in their home. So if everyone thinks it's cool to drive, Inslee may have a new order for us.
Exercise *is* an essential activity. Even Chairman Inslee acknowledged that in his Papal Edict. Not sure what your point is in commenting on it that way. You don't know me, and I'd like to keep it that way. But since you pretend to know me, or at least my habits, personally I've been sticking to cycling and walking my dog door to door. But neither is "safe" either. And, of course, the peanut gallery can stand up and pontificate on the immorality of just about anything that doesn't adhere to the Holy Church of "#StayTheF#*(&#(Home#". Can I get a Halleluyah? Keep posting your authoritarian dictates to everyone though. It seems to give you purpose. <wave/>

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 10:27 pm 
Stephen B wrote:
Exercise *is* an essential activity.
Which can be satisfied close to home, with runs, walks and bike rides from home.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostMon Mar 30, 2020 10:39 pm 
Randito wrote:
Stephen B wrote:
Which can be satisfied close to home, with runs, walks and bike rides from home.
and many here and elsewhere say those activities are not acceptable. #StayTheF****HOme

Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 4:44 am 
Stephen B wrote:
Randito wrote:
Stephen B wrote:
and many here and elsewhere say those activities are not acceptable. #StayTheF****HOme
I'm with you on this one. I'm going out.

none
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 am 
I'm assuming those arguing that driving should be limited due to the increased likelihood of an accident resulting in medical care and hospitalization (endangering yourself and / or others, and taking resources that should be dedicated to those with C19) would use the same argument against riding a bike.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 8:50 am 
JonnyQuest wrote:
I'm assuming those arguing that driving should be limited due to the increased likelihood of an accident resulting in medical care and hospitalization (endangering yourself and / or others, and taking resources that should be dedicated to those with C19) would use the same argument against riding a bike.
Perhaps -- but I suspect the closure of parking lots, trailheads and trails is more about eliminating areas where people have the potential to cluster. I rode a loop recently that incorporated a section of the (closed) Sammamish River Trail -- there were numerous trail users and I needed to maneuver to maintain six foot separation many times. Yesterday -- I did a loop that followed low traffic roads -- far fewer other users to avoid.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 10:23 am 
JonnyQuest wrote:
Oh heck no. That's different. rolleyes.gif If you are injured anywhere and require assistance, you might kill someone.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:02 am 
altasnob wrote:
Did you know marijuana stores are considered an essential business, and are still open? Hiking alone is #8,523 on the list of things we should be concerned about right now. I'd sure rather have people hike alone surrounded by uncontaminated surfaces than using an ATM, passing their ID around, imparing their judgement, then going back out for Jack in the Box, iced cream, and a bag of Doritos.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:06 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
Oh heck no. That's different. rolleyes.gif If you are injured anywhere and require assistance, you might kill someone.
It's immoral to shower during these times because you could slip and fall. Please don't eat, lest you choke on your food. Non-zero chance, remember. Better not go to the bathroom because you'll use toilet paper, and eventually go out and look for more. Just freeze yourself until this is over.