Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Covid Home Improvements
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Apr 08, 2020 4:27 pm 
I'm finding it's amazing how much wood debris you can feed into a well ventilated burn pile vs how much ash is left over. As of today, 22 F-250 size truckloads of limbs, trunks, etc have gone onto the burn pile. I thought I'd need to be removing a mountain of ash...but there's about 4 wheelbarrow loads of ash. Tops. A friend theorizes that the answer is that the steady Gorge winds are keeping the temps so high it burns more of it down than say a campfire or wood stove. That could be it, some times the core is darn near white hot for long periods.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 pm 
Putting up detailed topo maps to cover black spots on the walls. I need some highlighters to mark them up with where I've been. Yellow for hiking, blue for cycling, don't know yet for skiing. When the trails open back up this summer I'll go hike places I haven't done yet and fill the map in.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 9:48 am 
Not sure if this belongs here, or backyard bird bonanza. wink.gif practicing good social distancing, I had 12 friends over to help burn the stump. Picture of them rolling a log on the fire, then chilling after their buzzes were off.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 am 
How long has that stump been burning?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostThu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 am 
That was day the end of day 3. But I start a fire, then let it burn out.. The root systems are caked with glacial til, and boulders. and it's easier to knock off after it gets fired. going to try pressure washing the next one first. Digging them out was fun. There where some boulders in the 500 lbs range. My chain is wrecked from hidden rocks when trying to cut some of the bigger roots. I'm also working on a rock carving. Some type of haida inspired bird gargoyle creature.