Forum Index > Trail Talk > Towing at Rattlesnake TH?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 am 
Who'd want to? Can certainly observe the wonderful benefits of overcrowding, via the infection rates.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 12:12 pm 
Me, in another thread on Thursday the 9th @ 19:22 PDT wrote:
I think that the administrative agencies have made an effort to not get too heavy-handed, but my guess is that if people keep pushing, there's going to be some push back.
I hate to say "I told you so", but... I told you so.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 4:00 pm 
Did my push back yesterday. A great outing, not one human being seen once I left the main highway. The balsamroots and lupine are beginning to pop, powerful and steady lift on the hill, Adams owning the skyline still sporting a lot of snow, a really nice day out.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Damian

Damian
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 6:54 pm 
Yeah well you're an ass####. Mostly cause I didn't go. We still need to do the Saddle Mtn sloping opener even if we have to cook up there in June.

timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Apr 15, 2020 5:15 am 
Interesting

Island_Born

Island_Born
PostMon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 pm 
People have really gone crazy. I live in the area. It's no threat to me if someone wants to go walk on the trails. It doesn't put me at greater risk in my home; it doesn't put me at greater risk in the gas station because I use a glove on the pump and payment pad and wash hands (as anyone sensible is doing.) Their cars, empty in the parking lot, don't put me at greater risk. If people are sick of being cooped up and need to get out I'd much rather they do that they sit home and get more unhealthy, depressed and/or violent with their kids staring at screens nonstop. I walk or run on the Snoqualmie Valley Trail daily and see families out with their kids and pets every day -- as they should be.

timberghost

timberghost
PostTue Apr 21, 2020 6:35 am 
Easy for you to say, but when people are not social distancing like yourself it does affect you weather you want to believe it or not.

Island_Born

Island_Born
PostTue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 am 
The word you're looking for is "whether" ... rolleyes.gif Who said I'm not social distancing? Where did you get that from my post? I'm 100% following the governor's orders. We are allowed to go out for exercise. We are just not supposed to get together in groups outside our household and congregate.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostTue Apr 21, 2020 9:28 am 
Island_Born wrote:
The word you're looking for is "whether" ... rolleyes.gif Who said I'm not social distancing? Where did you get that from my post? I'm 100% following the governor's orders. We are allowed to go out for exercise. We are just not supposed to get together in groups outside our household and congregate.
Amen. It seems our educational system's failure to teach critical thinking has become apparent yet again - as if we needed another reminder. Going on a hike alone or with one or two family members and keeping distance from others is fine. The best way to avoid other people is to drive a bit farther. Nobody needs to visit local stores or a gas station while out on the hike. All guidelines can be easily followed.

Island_Born

Island_Born
PostTue Apr 21, 2020 9:34 am 
Stephen B - Agreed 100%. But personally I don't think it's so bad if people come from the city and buy gas here and maybe stop at our local restaurants for take out - they need the business desperately! It's not the same as going into rural communities that are 6 hours out and have limited medical facilities. People should be sensible - stay home as much as possible, but we all still need to exercise and eat.

Stephen B

Stephen B
PostTue Apr 21, 2020 5:23 pm 
Island_Born wrote:
Stephen B - Agreed 100%. But personally I don't think it's so bad if people come from the city and buy gas here and maybe stop at our local restaurants for take out - they need the business desperately! It's not the same as going into rural communities that are 6 hours out and have limited medical facilities. People should be sensible - stay home as much as possible, but we all still need to exercise and eat.
Yeah I figured not all locals felt the same all across the state. Thanks for sharing that perspective.