Forum Index > Trail Talk > Chiwawa river road
Previous :: Next Topic  
MangyMarmot

MangyMarmot

PostSun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Does anyone have any recent info on Chiwawa River Road? The forest service website conditions are three weeks old, so I'm sure things are different now.

Thanks.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostSun May 03, 2020 3:52 pm 
I'd like to know as well. I seem to recall it opening up to the very end in late June most years.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Canyon1

Canyon1

PostMon May 04, 2020 5:52 am 
What is preventing you to calling the Forest Service in Leavenworth and finding out? They have the answer. They have not failed me yet.
timberghost

timberghost

PostMon May 04, 2020 6:35 am 
or ask NWalpine guide he is up there quite often
gb

gb

PostMon May 04, 2020 8:07 am 
The upper part of the road is typically closed in spring until mud from snow melt dries so the road doesn't get damaged by four wheelers. There is one gate down low; don't recall if there is a higher gate.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
RichP
here and there

RichP

here and there
PostMon May 04, 2020 9:39 am 
The gate at the end of pavement stays closed for reasons that gb stated. A couple years ago I brought a bike to ride to Estes Butte TH 4 miles up after calling the ranger station and being assured the road wasn't going to open soon. About a mile up I ran into a FS employee that said he was about to open up. I biked back down and drove up. I think there is one more gate above this which was to remain closed a bit longer. That was on June 13.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Chiwawa river road
  Happy Birthday CT, hikerdan3369!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: