Forum Index > Trip Reports > Coping During Covid: Walking out the door.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostWed May 13, 2020 8:57 pm 
I retired from flying on March 1. Possibly the best time to leave aviation, but also possibly one of the worst times to retire. My wife and I have been sheltering in place when we were supposed to be in Paris, Budapest and Prague. However, we are lucky to be in this Seattle area with easy access to trails. I've spent time transiting the mondo hill in my neighborhood, been tackling big climbs on my bike, and in this video, go out my door for a 23 mile jaunt in the local parks that have recently opened back up. I also talk about various things I am doing to stay in shape during these stressful times from the perspective of a retiree over 65. A smidgen of sarcasm.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nordique

nordique
PostThu May 14, 2020 11:35 am 
The worst time to retire would be anytime after age 65. Since my birthday is in November, I chose to retire 'early' on June 1st so that I could enjoy my first summer of freedom--and lots of hiking! Worth waiting for! My parents had been reminding me that you can only lengthen your retirement at its start! Enjoy your retirement!

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu May 14, 2020 2:00 pm 
congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy!! party.gif I retired at 61 years, 8 months!! this June will be 5 years chickenleg.gif my hubby retired at 60 years, 2 months. it'll be 4 years for him at the end of this month horsey.gif our trip to Scotland/Ireland was canceled because of COVID-19. my backpack trip into Grand Canyon was also canceled. there's always next year. up.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss