Forum Index > Trail Talk > Lake dorthy....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat May 23, 2020 8:35 pm 
For God's sake I try searching wta for goat lake and dorthy lake..no results..and it's even hard to find the recent trip reports.. Spelling? Do I Hav to cap the first letters? sigh.. heard that the road had a lot of blow down..anybody try the road recently? Mayyb a foot of snow still on the trail....I'm guessing mid June for the hike. Oh another thing....how about the tonga ridge road.yes I k ow it probably has snow patches on the backside...err north areas..

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
rossb

rossb
PostSat May 23, 2020 8:51 pm 
Pretty easy for me. I even misspelled it (on purpose) using your spelling via Google, and of course, Google corrected me (https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+dorthy). The first entry is from WTA https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/dorothy-lake. The first line is "As of May 22 2020 this trailhead has re-opened." There are also plenty of trip reports underneath there.

Backpackapalooza

Backpackapalooza
PostSat May 23, 2020 8:52 pm 
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat May 23, 2020 10:14 pm 
So it's lake dorthy..not dorthy lake....ooookkkkk......tanks Oh my god it's dorothey...err dorothy....that's it I'm starting a campaign to change the ne to a normal spelling.....dorthy.....door thy...they?what the hell? I suppose it's lake goat..oh oh! Look There's a lake goat..the ones that swim in the lake & eat algea..algae...algia...algee?..those are the ones you have to watch out for in the boat... I once told a newb about the tree marmots & how they will just drop onto hikers ..if they are defending baybies...he started looking up as he hiked..God that was funny...

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSun May 24, 2020 7:09 am 
I have a lazy tongue and dont enunciate well. I still manage to make dorothy a 3 syllable word.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun May 24, 2020 10:15 am 
You are not in Kansas anymore...

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
rossb

rossb
PostSun May 24, 2020 12:23 pm 
Google is your friend, forest gnome. Google is good at spelling. Like I said, when I wrote "Lake Dorthy" the first thing that appeared was this: https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/dorothy-lake See? I spelled "Dorothy" wrong. I had the "lake" order wrong. It didn't matter. Google was smart enough to know that most of the time, when you type "Dorthy", you really mean "Dorothy". The same thing happens if you type "Dorthey". Google is very forgiving. But your average search database is not. If you go to WTA, or NWHikers and type in "Dorthy", you get nothing. (Actually, in the latter case you do get something -- probably because others have made the same mistake as you). The point is, when you come up blank -- when nothing seems to be working -- try Google. That at least should narrow it down for you, and correct your spelling. For example, if I type "Kies Peak", I get some mountain in North Carolina. I get all kinds of stuff. One of the first things I do get, though, is "Did you mean: kyes peak", at which point (if you are me) you slap yourself upside your head, put down the beer and say "most definitely" while clicking on that link. Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about. That mountain -- that one, right there -- the one so cool it merits a Wikipedia article. That is what I meant.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun May 24, 2020 9:47 pm 
Ahhhhsoooo u very wize mista ross b.....ok I will start the gougek goggle ....Dam you aito coorrect!! HOW DO I TURN IT OFFF?.. SERIOUSLY though I gotta look up some of your trip reports And ask advice on araras to git to! Err areas to go to...in pms of course...I meant private messages not the woman thingy...My typing offers no offence to anyone but myself...OMG did I spell a whole sentence right??

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun May 24, 2020 10:39 pm 
The internet is too hard!!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun May 24, 2020 10:58 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
Ahhhhsoooo u very wize mista ross b.....ok I will start the gougek goggle ....Dam you aito coorrect!! HOW DO I TURN IT OFFF?.. SERIOUSLY though I gotta look up some of your trip reports And ask advice on araras to git to! Err areas to go to...in pms of course...I meant private messages not the woman thingy...My typing offers no offence to anyone but myself...OMG did I spell a whole sentence right??
Doc feel ha today if too ha road has home good day thing Geoff who using evidence useless will thin first this house but figured I've told him know about chicken burrito well sending learned boss petition come makeup sense interested Makenzie energies and persists attend will Christmas assume Kiln noticed lapel winter

MangyMarmot

MangyMarmot
PostMon May 25, 2020 11:42 am 
I was up the road yesterday. About a mile or so of blowdowns have been cleared. Still didn't get to the bridge though. It's a long walk to the trailhead from there.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon May 25, 2020 7:08 pm 
Typing on my phone is hard...is that lime scrabble babble I have to read it 5 times to see what it all means...