Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Centurylink is nothing but a bunch of crooks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon May 18, 2020 2:22 pm 
They took over Telephone Utilities. Telephone Utilities was so screwed up that your bill would be full of long distance calls to places you'd never heard of. They knew this so you had to phone them and tell them what calls you had made and they'd adjust the bill. That was when you could talk to a real person from the get go.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon May 18, 2020 3:16 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
"Telephone Utilities was so screwed up..."
Prior to the break-up of the Bell System, I had three different accounts: my standard residential account, a separate "toll only" account (which wasn't assigned to any phone number and used only from pay phones), and my AT&T account. My average phone bill in the early 1980s ran anywhere from $300-$500 a month. (These were just my own personal accounts, btw - the business was a completely separate ball of wax.) CenturyLink is the same bunch of goons that was formerly Qwest (formerly US West, formerly Pacific Northwest Bell.) Not sure where "Comcast" came from, but if and when they ever pay for the damage they did to my house I MIGHT consider doing business with them, but that will most likely be after the next ice age. (I hope they're not still wondering why that bill never got paid.) If CenturyLink and Comcast were the last communications companies in the galaxy, I'd start using two soup cans and a piece of string. When their door-to-door sales people show up at my front door, I tell them to get the hell off my property. Still don't understand how either of them stay in business, other than their having monopolies in some areas.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostTue Oct 06, 2020 10:27 pm 
After a recent CenturyTel outage here in Twisp a few weeks ago....I ran into a friend who went through this - He called in to report his outage. After going thru numerous phone menus, he FINALLY got to a human... -“yes, I can see service is out in your area” - “yes, we are working very hard on the problem in your area” - “right now - we are looking at the big box with all the wires running in and out of it” - “thank you for calling CenturyTel” click