Forum Index > Trip Reports > Hungate Canyon / McCarteney Creek / Douglas Creek Canyon: 06/07/20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 am 
Headed over to the Palisades area today to explore some of the fascinating geology. Our first stop was Hungate Canyon for a quick trip to check out a small waterfall. Alas, mother nature has turned off the falls for the season, but the grotto made for a nice lunch spot regardless.
Next up was McCarteney Creek near Rimrock Meadows. There is actually a nature preserve here. The rock formations were quite interesting and the creek kept the canyon lush.
P1390214-Pano
P1390214-Pano
Last stop of the day was Douglas Creek Canyon. Had it not been for the long drive home, we would have spent much more time at this special place.
Great day out on the dry side of the state up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 7:29 am 
Looks like there is more public access than the last time I was there. smile.gif The Hungate sign looks new. I thought that one had to cross private land to get into McCarteney, apparently that is no longer the case. Guess I will wait until the next flower season to go.

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message