Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Crowdfunding Campaign to Fix the Road to Silver Star Mountain
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jvangeld
Friends of Road 4109

jvangeld
Friends of Road 4109
PostTue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 pm 
Greetings, I am with Friends of Road 4109, which is a volunteer organization working to fix the road to Silver Star Mountain. We are currently running a crowd-funding campaign as we look forward to the summer road work season. There are some sweet perks available, in addition to the promise of a better road in the future. You can see the campaign here. Alternatively, if you want to volunteer with us, keep an eye on our Facebook page.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sculpin

Sculpin
PostWed Jun 03, 2020 7:57 am 
This is a little confusing because the red lines on the map suggest work to connect the existing trailhead to the summit by road. I'm guessing that the work being done is off the edge of the map to the north and only goes to the existing trailhead?

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Tomlike

Tomlike
PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 am 
This is great, thank you! I went up that road once many years ago, and have avoided it (in my Prius) ever since. Have you shared this with the Oregon Hikers group on FB? @Sculpin, I'm not sure what is confusing...it is very clear that they intend to repair road 4109. The link to nwhiker.com is there to show you details of the hike that starts from the trail head, at the end of road 4109

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 5:28 pm 
This is spelled out in the OP link but to make it clear to anyone viewing this thread, this is Silver Star in Gifford Pinchot National Forest, not at Washington Pass.

jvangeld
Friends of Road 4109

jvangeld
Friends of Road 4109
PostTue Jun 09, 2020 12:27 pm 
Yeah, this is on the road going to the trailhead. I have shared the campaign with the Portland Hikers group on FB, where they are very excited about it. I'm not a part of the Oregon Hikers group, though I am on the forum by that name. The splinterization of the different platforms is annoying. I posted a video from the scouting trip I took two weeks ago. The waterbars that we built last year are holding up and keeping the road from being damaged further. But there is still a lot of work to do.