Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 pm 
neek wrote:
You know what else we like? Beer! My bike has a built in opener. Beat that.
Look up REEB bikes.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm 
I need to figure out how to do maintenance on hydraulic brakes. I think I need new pads, I know I should get resin ones and I know you can't touch the levers until the new pads are in. I guess the rest of it can't be that difficult.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:35 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I got yelled at recently, but it was encouragement. I was going up a long, steep hill, somebody leaned out the window of a passing car and yelled "keep up the good work! you're almost there!" (She lied to be about being almost there.)
It's great when one encounters folks that aren't in such hurry that they go into a rage because they were delayed for a few seconds or minutes. My wife and I were bike touring in Spain a few years ago and the experience with drivers was overwhelmingly like what you described. A particular example was when a box truck tailed behind us climbing a winding narrow road with zero shoulders, they followed far enough back so we weren't concerned about getting run over if we fell over. It was about 15 minutes before the road hit a straight section where it was safe to pass, they waved, cheered and gave thumbs up as they passed. Spaniards have a different relationship with time than Americans.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:37 pm 
I need to take the crank? Off so I can take the chain guard off the gazelle. With that guard on, cleaning and lubing the chain tests my patience. There is a piece that comes off which allows you to do a couple inches at a time.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostThu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
I need to figure out how to do maintenance on hydraulic brakes. I think I need new pads, I know I should get resin ones and I know you can't touch the levers until the new pads are in. I guess the rest of it can't be that difficult.
I just changed the hydraulic brake pads on my Vado since the wait time at the shop was over a week. I'd never done this before, only the mechanical disks on my other bike. It was surprisingly easier than the mechanical pads. I wore nitrile gloves the whole time and cleaned everything with isopropanol and followed a useful YouTube video. Easy.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Jun 07, 2020 8:53 pm 
Hmmm, all the big people bikes in Walmart were gone. I don't see that many people riding bikes around here so I suspect that the Seattle Toilet Paper bus has switched to a Seattle Bike Buying bus. Yet another conspiracy theory. Pass it on.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 10:59 am 
No one is going to drive to a place like Wenatchee for a Walmart bike. lol.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 4:16 pm 
I bled my front brake this weekend. Super easy to do. Sure glad that Magura uses mineral oil instead of toxic DOT fluid which is hard on the bike if it spills. Nitrile gloves are hard to come by these days. Sure was nice not to have to worry when I got a little oil on my fingers and the bike. Just wiped it off with a paper towel and washed my hands. Also swapped out the brake pads and rotors which were giving me issues and cleaned the drivetrain. The red queen (as my wife puts it) is ready to ride again.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 4:28 pm 
If anyone is interested in one of the 2 remaining ebikes I picked for cheap here's your last chance. I posted them on EBR for sale and I'm sure I won't have any problem selling them there or on FB marketplace. Bikes are selling like hotcakes. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/for-sale-medium-bh-easy-motion-rebel-lite-ht-999-seattle-area-local-pickup-only.34529/

Frango

Frango
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 pm 
Tom wrote:
If anyone is interested in one of the 2 remaining ebikes I picked for cheap here's your last chance. I posted them on EBR for sale and I'm sure I won't have any problem selling them there or on FB marketplace. Bikes are selling like hotcakes. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/for-sale-medium-bh-easy-motion-rebel-lite-ht-999-seattle-area-local-pickup-only.34529/
I’d be all over that deal except I’m prettty sure, as a 5’5” woman I need a small frame. 🙁

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Jun 09, 2020 1:40 pm 
Tom wrote:
I bled my front brake this weekend. Super easy to do. Sure glad that Magura uses mineral oil instead of toxic DOT fluid which is hard on the bike if it spills. Nitrile gloves are hard to come by these days. Sure was nice not to have to worry when I got a little oil on my fingers and the bike. Just wiped it off with a paper towel and washed my hands. Also swapped out the brake pads and rotors which were giving me issues and cleaned the drivetrain. The red queen (as my wife puts it) is ready to ride again.
What kind of a bike stand is that, please. I might could wrassle the Gazelle up on one. It is supposed to be a mere 49 pounds. Oh, and what is it clamped to? I also have a step thru frame.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm 
People usually clamp a bike stand to the seatpost. Looks like that's what Tom did.