Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pk. 2,800', 01.26.20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 8:28 pm 
Another obscure Pk. in ABDSP. It was 4 of us, incl. one 1-hit wonder & another person who's an occasional participant. This was a loop hike that involved some changes on the fly due to a sketchy dry fall, resulting in a longer route than originally anticipated but nevertheless was an interesting, fun trip. cool.gif up.gif We started off in the Kenyon Cove area:
We headed in a generally southward direction toward the pk., which lies adjacent Pk. 2,789' which I'd scaled about a yr. earlier.
We followed the peak's long north ridge to the top. It wasn't w/o complaints from one of my companions. wink.gif
We continued south, dropping to a saddle & then turning west to pick up a canyon to lead us back out. I knew from studying the map ahead of time that there were some questionable spots here, & sure enough it didn't take us long to encounter a dry fall that we probably could've gone down but we didn't know what lay ahead as the wash made a sharp left & continued out of sight. paranoid.gif
We backtracked, turned west again but now higher up, & cut XC 'til we hit the upper end of Plum Cyn Rd. which we took all the way back to the hwy. redface.gif
Once @ the hwy., we crossed it & paralleled it on the north side until near the car, where we had to cross once again. We saw a discarded hitchhiker's sign along the way. hmmm.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message